Cervelo S3 respray & rebuild

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LesroyBuckley

by LesroyBuckley

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:01 pm
I would definitely get a black crank whatever it may be. I had the 2015 S3 as well and stuck with the OEM star but for the compression plug. The alloy steerer insert makes that a safer choice. I never had issues with it coming loose ever unlike my eeNut at the moment on my Izalco.

I feel like the saddle should be something different, maybe a different colour? I don’t know exactly but at the moment it seems to stick out. Could be the rails and not the whole saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's the seat post, maybe I shouldn't have had it painted too?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

It could even be the background. I wonder what it would look like if the stem and part of the bar were colour matched to the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

IMO it would be looking a bit more splendid if you just left the seatpost in raw carbon layup(like decals).
The result is amazing anyway, but if it was me I would keep the seatpost just brushed to expose carbon weave and coated with clear laquer. And of course put any Sram Red cranks on :)

Shrike

by Shrike

I'm in the other camp, I think you were spot on to do the post the same as the frame.

Definitely more on trend, though like VTR said, if the stem was done too then you're taking it to another level, like the stunning custom builds you see these days. Something you can think about and maybe do later 8)

Love it, enjoy! Have my frame booked in for repair and respray too, but an 8 to 10 week wait on it. How long did this take?