P2M NG vs. NGeco - real-life accuracy difference?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

neeb

by neeb

euan wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:43 pm
Get the Eco and use the money saved to by an Android phone so you can update the firmware
The ap is on the iPhone now! Not that you can tell from the P2M website, but you can find it on the ap store.

I successfully updated the firmware on my NG. Not sure how it's any different, I hadn't had any problems with it previously, Can't find a list anywhere of the firmware versions and how they differ.

euan

by euan

Is that an NGEco or an NG? Because I've been unable to update the firmware on my Eco over multiple iOS devices and version of iOS.

As far as I'm aware there has been issues with the Eco and the iOS app

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

otoman

by otoman

Slight hijack here, apologies... Has anyone ever superglued one of the tabs for cover on the recharge port on the NG in place?

This past weekend, my CX bike with NG on it flatted. Well it's a 1X and the chain fell off to the outside in the process of me screwing around with the rear through axle. When the chain fell off, it must have caught the cover just the right way and pulled it out. My buddy who waited on me noticed it fall, I would not have. I popped it back on and away we went. But it got me thinking about just gluing in one side to allow it to flip up when charging.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Super glue might melt the plastic. There’s plastic epoxy.

Maybe just put a silicone micro usb dust cover in the port as a secondary precaution, buy an additional cover put it in your flat kit, and and thin double sided tape on the grip surfaces of the cover?
Plan c ought to be use the silicone dust cap then 3d print or poly mold a cover to go over it. Anchor you new cover in the hollow crank. Put o-ring ledges on the crank plug and usb cover.
Ghetto solution, drill a tiny hole in the ring and cover flap. Put fishing line from the ring hole to the cover with a knot on each end.

otoman

by otoman

Jfranci3, you are amazing! Thanks so much for your excellent ideas! Just what I was looking for....
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

neeb

by neeb

euan wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:48 pm
Is that an NGEco or an NG? Because I've been unable to update the firmware on my Eco over multiple iOS devices and version of iOS.

As far as I'm aware there has been issues with the Eco and the iOS app
NG in my case. The update didn’t exactly work smoothly, but it worked (on the second attempt after fiddling around with the phone’s Bluetooth settings).