Your 2019 favorite road bike model

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Philbar72

by Philbar72

Cento10pro
not a new new bike, but well i own a Cento10air and its a wonderful bike. Rim brake for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RZack89

by RZack89

Colnago C64 disc
Cervelo S5 disc
Trek Madone disc

...yes, I'm a disc fan! :mrgreen:

robeambro

by robeambro

The Look 795 sure is a very "flexible" machine, sounds like it can easily be adapted to suit many people and purposes, including TT's. But I can't seem to like its aesthetics, especially the paintjobs.. it looks like an uglier Madone to me..

Have seen the Venge and it does look stunning, and it weighs little, although it doesn't really have any innovative aspects (which may be a plus for many)..

The Madone is a stunner, but to be honest I think it weighs too much compared to its competitors. Even if it matters little, it bugs me.

The SystemSix and the S5 are very innovative in design, and the Cannondale has also some build flexibility (not forced to use proprietary headset)

Overall, I think the Look would take the crown, even though I don't like it, cause it leaves plenty of room for adjustment like seatpost, freedom to change handlebar (unlike Madone) , doesn't have any polarising features (like S5's handlebar or SystemSix tubes..). Had it been a girlfriend, she'd be the one you feel safe to introduce to your parents!

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

I'd vote for Look as well, but I'm affraid it will test poorly in a wind tunnel.

the best bike IMHO is still the Madone (waiting for mine to arrive :mrgreen: ). sure, won't fit everyone (esp those who don't really need aero) but as far as versatility goes, I just can't find a better option.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

seaneT1

by seaneT1

For me, my favourite from the ones that have been released so far, is the venge, since it is the only one that could be had at under the 7 kg mark (love aero and discs, but this is weight weenies after all!). Aesthetically, I prefer the cervelo (I think...TBH I like them all so far!).

timmerrr

by timmerrr

The S5 disc is the bike that did it for me and I have one on order! Can't wait for it to get here!
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

Hexsense

by Hexsense

No budget contrain. But
1.) new Cervelo S3 disc
2.) Canyon Aeroad SL disc
3.) Specialized Allez Sprint Disc.

Why?
Because my body fat is still in 2 digits percentage and Sprint power don't reach 4 digit watts. My body performance is nothing above average so i don't feel the need for too exoticly top of the line bike. Plus ego in me feels better to win the race/ride-sprint with less than top of the line bike (that actually isn't much inferior).
A side benefit of heavier than ultra light frame set is that, with more material on the frame. They are more impact resistance than frame full of high modulus carbon that optimize for stiffness but less so on the strength.

HenHarrier

by HenHarrier

The cervelo S5 disc, but if money really was no object instead of 'real life' I'd ww the heck out my current S5 and ride it till it fell apart (or I finally got too old to turn the cranks, whichever came first)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jugi

by Jugi

After all these aero disc machines mentioned it makes me feel old and traditional to write this.

Specialized Tarmac SL6. In my opinion, a celebration of functional art.

DJT21

by DJT21

BMC Teammachine Disc in red

Shrike

by Shrike

R5 Classics (although technically never released as a full bike) was my favourite of the year. Just looked like something that was designed for me. Really do love it. Hope someday I see a heavily discounted frameset that I can justify buying. Would even be happy with a used one if the artwork is in good condition.

Best bike of the year? Maybe the S-Works Venge. I think it'll test fastest over a lot of courses in Tour's January gospel. Maybe Madone. Will be interesting.

Most bling bit of kit has to be the Madone again. Truly outstanding options. Looks like a proper space bike. If you want a bike that makes your heart race every time you look at it, get one :D

If someone offered me to swap my current S5 for any new bike from 2018... I'd have to take the new S5d.

bilwit

by bilwit

Jugi wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:32 pm
After all these aero disc machines mentioned it makes me feel old and traditional to write this.

DJT21 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:42 pm
those are 2018 bikes (released in 2nd half of 2017) :noidea:

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Venge for me, I made the mistake of having a proper look at one in my local shop, now in the process of switching to an electric groupset so I can do a frame transplant next year.

Only other bike which runs it close for me is the C64d

andreas

by andreas

I ended up on on a Venge after being disappointed at what Canyon did with the Aeroad (no new frame, higher prices, lower quality frame for the 8.0 models). Still, the Venge is so expensive in comparison that it leaves a slight distaste in my mouth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DJT21

by DJT21

bilwit wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm
Jugi wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:32 pm

DJT21 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:42 pm
those are 2018 bikes (released in 2nd half of 2017) :noidea:
It's still my fave bike for 2019 :wink: