2018 power meter options?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robertbb

by robertbb

I used to run speedplays. Switched to assiomas with Look keo grip (grey) pedals and have never look back.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I will add that i use the garmin vectra 3s also (one sided, but fine for my needs). Put them on snug, and you are given the option to callibrate with each use... only takes a few seconds and you just unclip and wait.

The stress is in the axle, so as long as your pedal does not fall off in use, it will work. Accuracy is apparently as good as any product on the market now.

My cleat engagement was amazing out of the box. Best i have used. Never had a hard time getting in, or out, and never got out unintentionally. I use the red cleats with a bit of float. Very happy.

This may sound silly, but in true weight weenie fasion, i have thouht about replacing the non metered side of mine with a lightweight regular pedal. A time expressio 12 would save 80g on one side (give or take cleat weight differences).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

Any insight on this thing? Rotor 'DM' Power Meter.

https://www.deporvillage.net/road-rods- ... McQAvD_BwE

Looks like a new version of Rotor's Inpower, the one I have on my road bike already. Price seems a bit low for a new product on the market though. Makes me a bit suspect. Maybe I'm missing something. Says it has bluetooth too which would be ace for testing on bike PM v trainer PM at the same time.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

It’s just the existing INPower packaged with their newer direct-mount (DM) crankset. INPower is single-leg, so that price isn’t surprising. Their dual-leg 2INPower is much more advanced and more expensive.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Just wanted to add that, I'm using my older sightly worn Look (grey) cleats. I have no issues with clipping in or out with my Favero pedals.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Shrike

by Shrike

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:47 pm
It’s just the existing INPower packaged with their newer direct-mount (DM) crankset. INPower is single-leg, so that price isn’t surprising. Their dual-leg 2INPower is much more advanced and more expensive.
Ah okay, fair enough. Well in that case I can get a good deal on the older style Rotors.

3D+ MAS which I have on the S5 for £380
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/rotor ... et-p317845

Or a pretty cool looking Flow MAS for £405
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/rotor ... et-p317841

I ride on a 170mm on the road bike, but these two deals are for 172.5mm. I could stick my existing 170mm on the TT bike and use the 172.5mm on the road bike instead though. The Flow would look class on the TT bike, but I would look great on the S5.

Anyway, want to pull the trigger on one of these two. Don't think I'll get a better deal this side of Christmas. Thoughts?

EDIT: never mind, got the flow. Problem solved. Need an eTap deal next :x

jekyll man

by jekyll man

How well do they play with bbright?
Official cafe stop tester

Shrike

by Shrike

Can't remember any difficulties when putting the 3D+ on my S5. It came with a Rotor crank so maybe it's all nicely compatible.