Campagnolo 12 Speed Cassette

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lowther

by lowther

I currently have the Campy EPS v3 Super Record groupset (11 speed). Does anyone know if the following set-up will work:

- 12 speed super record cassette 11-32
- My current Super Record EPS v3 rear derailleur modified with a Ceramicspeed OSPW cage
- 12 speed chain

Need the additioonal low gears for the mountains (29 just won't do it at my age).

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ebruner

by Ebruner

In a word. No.

-Eddie

mag

by mag

Current EPS V3 RD is officially limited to 29T sprockets (12-29T) however you may have success with the Shimano or SRAM 11-30T cassette (or perhaps even 11-32T if your RD hanger is longer). Still you'd do it at your own risk.
If you aren't already at compact chainrings that's the safer way to go.

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

I’ve gotten the derailleur (w/o OSPW) to handle a 32, but it’s not great and I don’t think think you get enough chain to handle all the combinations. The length of your hanger is a factor. So you need to test it yourself.
I don’t expect any problem with the 12s chain and cassette, except that you will only be able to use 11 of the 12 sprockets.

jih

by jih

You won’t be able to shift 11 of the 12 cleanly since if distances between sprockets has been reduced to fit the extra one in.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Get a centaur 11-32. It is a boat anchor but shifts as well as SR and its dirt cheap. If it doesn't work well at least you didnot spend a fortune.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Are some of you not even reading the first sentence in the OP’s post?.... he’s asking about using a 12sp cassette with an 11sp EPS group. Whether or not the derailleur has the capacity to handle the 32 cog is irrelevant.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

I offered an alternative that might work...

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Calnago summed it up correctly.

I think anything can be done, but it would first start with someone that can hack the electronics and can code it to shift 12 gears.

Miller

by Miller

I'm sure people read the OP's post perfectly well but wondered how he thought that EPS 11sp would manage to shift chain across a 12sp cassette and concluded that the actual want might be EPS with a 32 sprocket.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com