Colnago C60 Inflammatory Thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

Leviathan wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:07 pm
3Pio wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:04 pm
Leviathan wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:10 pm
zappafile123 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:24 pm
Handling is among the best I've experienced, probably second best descender behind the Basso Diamante.
Love my Diamante. Great for a day in the mountains. My Pinarello F8 was great for putting the hammer down, as was the early edition Canyon I had before they got so huge... . Other bikes like the Time I had did all day comfort.
I rented a C60 here and struggled to really place it...Even the Cannondale Supersix seemed a much better all round bike.

Back in 2016, Went directly to Pinarello in Treviso to buy an F8 (and to upgrade from my FP3). Rented Dogma F8, and ride it about 130 km around Treviso... I was very lucky that i test rided C60 just few days before that (same wheelset, same tires).... Then i send email to every Colnago dealer aroundTreviso (200 km radius), and i was lucky enough one of them accepted to order for me from Milan, and to be able to pick it up whil i was there...

C60 is stiffer on climbing then F8, in same time more comfortable... I have many >200 km rides with plenty of climbing, and also some KOM's that i have beaten.... Also much higher quality vs Dofma F8 compared to their headset for example....

Owning 2 years and have about 20000 smile on my face km's.. And this is not my only bike (i still have Pinarello Fp3 as my winter bike)

If i bought F8 back in that time, im sure i would look for something else again.. Now my mind is just to ride and enjoy C60.. .When u test ride be sure u use same wheelset and same tires since that can make big difference....
Yes I test with my wheels and tires. No I dont have many KOMS (you got any in Mallorca?), and Ive never ridden more than 316 kms in a day so you are clearly a much, much much better rider than me. But it doesnt make my opinion wrong. Its just my opinion.
No, i dont get any in Mallorca.. Maybe because is far from where i live or maybe because there is Pro place choice and im not a pro, or both.. (No Idea :) ) But if i ever come there, i'll definetely will ask u for an authograph since i dont know anyone else riding 316 km.. U know.. We Colnago riders are riding just for a coffee and to put pictures on instagram... :), which is not more then 316 Meters or nearest fancy italian look caffe bar... :)

Greetings :)

p.s. Dont have Instagram....

CummoY

by CummoY

Do with the bike what it was intended for, do it under the most extreme conditions, like throwing a C60 down a wet twisty descent in Varese in full race attire, inspiring confidence is what is returned to you, possibly like non other. bike. Racing since 1988, across europe, australia and asia, nothing has ever inspored cornering confidence like a C60, even the best damn bike I swear i ever rode ( until the C60 ) my Razesa. But...after owning and racing all these bikes and more that i couldn't fit in my signature line, i have to come realize its all up to the rider at the end of the day, if you dont like the look you will never like the ride.
Colnago C60 C64
Venge Vias - RB
S-Works Venge 2017, 2016x3, 2014
S-Works Tarmac 2017 - Boonen
Pinarello Dogma
BMC IMPEC x 3
Time RXRS BL, RXR, VXRS
Look 595 - Cofidis
Specialized Transition
Dengfu x 5
Razesa Banesto
Carrera - Max
Alan
Eddy Merckx Corsa 01

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

RocketRacing wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:53 pm

Some people pay for that. They like the charm, the uniqueness, knowing it is hand made, and not prefect.
A C60 is simply glued together, so they are not even close to handmade. Go look how Time makes their frame and forks; THAT is handmade.

AJS914

by AJS914

Hand glued in Italy!

I was looking at the C64. The seat tube/lug is now one piece monocoque. The rear triangle is a single molded piece. All that is left is the top tube, down tube, head tube, and BB. The frame is almost half monocoque now.

I'd still love to have a C64. Looks like a lovely bike.

mag

by mag

AFAIK the carbon parts are also made in Italy (probably by ATR Group or perhaps SGL Group).