2015 felt f2 weight loss program - help!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Hi folks,

I picked up a used, and very sexy 2015 felt F2 in creat condition... with the older style, but super light mavic r-sys slr wheels (circa 2013 gen, sub 1300g). It was 15.5lbs stock via catalogue. It was over 16lbs when i got it due to pedals... heavier saddle, larger tires, offset partly by the lighter wheelset.

The goal for my build was to go full weight weenie (on a half sane budget, i refuse to pay 500$ for a stem, or 1000$ for brakes). I also quickly turned it into a tech-weenie bike for lots of data and safety while riding. So, it was a bike to use, mainly for climbing, not a bike to just show off on forums. ;-)

As a 130lbs/60kg rider, it is size small, and i figure i can push the limits on lightweight components (what is not stiff, or unreliable for a 200lbs friend, might be just fine for me

So here is the build:

- 2015 felt f2 carbon/textreme frame in size small
- Advanced carbon felt fork (stock)
- Sram red etap wifli hoods, derailers, crank(170mm, bb30), chainrings (50-34), casette (11-32), chain.
- ultegra 6870 brakrs (trying to source used eebrakes)
- Mavic r-sys slr wheels (circa 2013 era... skinny!)
- Vittoria latex tubes
- 25mm conti gp 4000s ii tires (went wider for comfort, but i am eyeballing lighter/faster rs versions of the tire)
- mt zoom aluminum/titanium skewers
- mt zoom stem carbon spacers
- wren -17 degree “crazy lightweight” aluminum stem
- stock 3t ergonova bars (soon to be darimo in 12k carbon!!!) with no tape on tops (Soon to be deda tape)
- darimo t1 27.8 seatpost (in 12k carbon)
- berk lupina saddle (12k carbon, oval rails)
- seat clamp is heavy felt two bolt clamp. (Plan on 6g aluminum option)
- mt zoom carbon bottle holder
- elite superfly bottle
- garmin edge 130 with speed sensor.
- k-edge garmin mount (soon to be raceware 200/500)
- garmin vector 3s power meter pedals (measures cadence, 1 sided power, but 316g...)
- garmin varia radar (new version, 120g... works really well and a must for rural road biking imho)
- Headset fsa (about to order can creek aer Series II to and bottom setup)

I am not out to replace what i have replaced to date (like new wheels), but am i missing anything? Maybe the bottom bracket (fsa bb30 of unknown providence). Pedals for sure... but for now i will take the hit as i value the data.

With what i have done, and still plan to do should be 13.4lbs ready to ride, or 12.2 stripped of gear/pedals as a manufacturer would advertise.

LouisN

by LouisN

What's the bare frame weight ?

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Neaver had a chance to measure it naked as it has been a (rolling) piece by piece build. It is midrange for felt (the frd is the really light option) and i think we are looking at 1200g range with the fork. I could only find good data for the frd which is ~950g with the fork.

So the frd is an easy 0.5lbs lighter, but the cost/benefit analysis was not there, and the bike/wheels was a used aquisition. If a decient used frd frame came up at a good price, i might jump... but my next build is full aero, so I doubt it will happen.
LouisN wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:26 pm
What's the bare frame weight ?

Louis :)