Replacement for REGALe FX saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

halcyongolf

by halcyongolf

I've been releatively happy with the Selle San Marco REGALe Carbon FX wide saddle for some time (close to a decade). However the time came for a new bike, and it was time to look at new models. I took a gander at modern saddles with a somewhat similar profile and I took a shot at the Fizik Antares R1 large due to its width, relatively flat profile front to back and firm padding. However, after only 4 rides I can tell this is not the saddle for me. I like to ride on the outer "wings" of a saddle, and I need a bit more curve than the fizik has. I think a saddle that is relatively flat from fron to back (with a small kick in the back), wide, and has a decent curve from side to side would work. Of course this is all an experiement.

For those who have used a Regale or the old Regal saddle, but modern designs have caught your fancy?
Last edited by halcyongolf on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Why don't you keep the Regale? If you say you're happy, with the why change? It's the saddle I carry on my two bikes, and I don't change it for another.......I have two other saved for when you touch the replace them..........The saddle is something very personal, and look for another model and/or brand, can be complicated
But brands usually have test units to test before buying

halcyongolf

by halcyongolf

I didn't think they were available anymore, however it does seem some place have the Regal Evo carbon in stick still, It seems to be the same basic saddle.

I guess, I was hoping for "better." If I could get the Regale a touch softer (a little) and a bit lighter I would be very happy to keep it.

In the end, I may just end up ordering an Regal Evo.

ODC

by ODC

halcyongolf wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:22 am
I didn't think they were available anymore, however it does seem some place have the Regal Evo carbon in stick still, It seems to be the same basic saddle.

I guess, I was hoping for "better." If I could get the Regale a touch softer (a little) and a bit lighter I would be very happy to keep it.

In the end, I may just end up ordering an Regal Evo.
if you find it, buy it!
I also loved the Regale FX carbon. I have ridden it for a couple of years on different bikes but sadly it isn't available anymore in Belgium. Now I'm riding with a S-works phenom 155m saddle. Must say it's comparable in feeling and I have no complains with it.

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

One saddle that might fit your needs is the PRO Griffon Carbon in a 152. It is curved side-side and relatively flat front-back. The latest PRO saddles are very well constructed, up there with Fizik in terms of quality of construction.