Ridley Noah

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

Does anyone have any real world info on the 2017 Ridley Noah? Not the Noah Sl or FAST, just the plain old Noah.

Weight, ride quality, are they nice frames? My Felt F1 finally broke for the last time, and I found the Noah at Competitive Cyclist for ~900 USD shipped to my door. These are brand new frames, 2017 model year. Unfortunately, no one has ever tested a regular Noh, only the SL and the FAST. Ridley's website says it has the split fork, but when I look at the pics, it looks like it has a regular fork on it. I've found some lighter frames on Ebay, but this would be brtand new, with a warranty.

It would be built up with full Ultegra 6800, a Quarq power meter, and Mercury M5 clinchers.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/ridl ... EwMDE3MQ==

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

If they still have them in your size, Piermont bikes on eBay is selling the Izalco Max frame for a great price (900-1000). You get either mechanical only or electronic only, it won’t do both.

I have one, in electronic and it’s a great bike! These are new, with warranty.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=i ... x&_sacat=0
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 am
If they still have them in your size, Piermont bikes on eBay is selling the Izalco Max frame for a great price (900-1000). You get either mechanical only or electronic only, it won’t do both.

I have one, in electronic and it’s a great bike! These are new, with warranty.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=i ... x&_sacat=0
Thanks for the heads up!! I normally ride a 56, but the Ridley geometry puts me ona medium (54cm) frame. I'll look at the geo on those Focus', and see if one fits!!

RossLB

by RossLB

I had a Ridley Noah a couple of year ago. It looked great, but was quite heavy and was probably the harshest riding bike I have ever owned. It felt like riding a block of concrete and handled like one as well.
Attachments
Ridley Noah 2.JPG

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

RossLB wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:32 am
I had a Ridley Noah a couple of year ago. It looked great, but was quite heavy and was probably the harshest riding bike I have ever owned. It felt like riding a block of concrete and handled like one as well.
Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Guevarca

by Guevarca

The ‘old’ ISP Noah was indeed super stiff and pretty harsh however the more recent standard Noah is using the same mould as Noah SL but in a different Carbon blend and without the split fork to save cost (sorry I cannot check Comp Cyclist link as doesn’t open here in the UK for me )
This Noah is still in the Ridley range for 2019, not really a weight weenie frame but still a lovely frame to ride - stiff but not uncomfortably so and interestingly the Lotto team often rode the non-split fork as it was a bit lighter.