Dura Ace 9150 Front Mech - Low Limit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

urbanspaceman

by urbanspaceman

*EDIT: I INITIALLY POSTED THE QUESTION AS 9050, BUT I'M AN IDIOT (WHICH I LEARNT THANKS TO JEKYLL'S HELP :oops: )

Hi all. Am I right in thinking that the 9150 front mech doesn't have a low limit screw?

I can't locate it on the mech itself and there is no mention of it in the user manual.

I'm struggling as I can't get the inner plate close enough to the inside of the chain (when in small chainring large cassette), and using the electrical adjustment isn't getting me there as I completely run out of clicks when I'm still quite a distance off.

Would greatly appreciate the advice :)
Last edited by urbanspaceman on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

The 1 sat in my hand has a low limit screw and bloody great stivker saying so, smack bang in the middle of front of the parallelogram.
Official cafe stop tester

urbanspaceman

by urbanspaceman

I'm an idiot. I meant 9150 :roll:

jekyll man

by jekyll man

:lol:

ive not seen a 9150 front mech, but is it possible that the steady bolt that angles the mech in and out (guess it has one like a 9070/6800 etc needs tweaking before the system sets itself properly?
Official cafe stop tester

leopafe

by leopafe

9150 doesn't have a low limit screw and the way to set the limit is electronically. Put it in adjustment mode by pressing the junction box button for a few seconds and adjust the low limit with the left shifter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

urbanspaceman

by urbanspaceman

Sorted - you were right it was to do with angles. The whole mech wasn't parallel with the chainset. It's not my morning...but at least sorted now.

Thanks for the help Jekyll!