Winter bib tights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm looking for winter bib tights that are nice and warm with a fairly substantial mesh or lycra upper. Black Sheep ones seem to the best match. Anyone tried these?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Try vermarc I hsve this and will be getting a couple more sets.
http://www.vermarcsport.com/en/het-nieu ... joiNDYzIn0

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Sportful Fiandre NoRain Bibtights. I have the bib short version (that I occasionally combine with same brand leg / knee warmers), and they are snug and warm...and water resistant to boot! Sizing is on the smaller side as I'm an S in Rapha and an S in these is definitely a bit smaller. Tighter straps, but not uncomfortable all the same.
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

@bmp0700f - excellent. See you on Friday I find the vermarc fit great.

@mogwaiboi - Ive got some sportful summer kit, great quality but the xl is too big and large a bit tight. Im a medium in most brands!

quango2k

by quango2k

Sportful Fiandre No rain
Rapha core or classic
Or if you want to be super toasty - Shimano breakaway wind bib...These make me super toasty even at -5! Supremely well made too.

baldy

by baldy

I have the Vermarc as my club kit and it is good, but the La Passione winter ones are warmer. I only have the LP (now the PSN I think) but if the deep winter tights are as warm as the overshoes they should be toasty.

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

I'll vote for the Sportful Fiandre No Rain. They are good in the wet (but not waterproof) but also very warm in cold and windy conditions. You can also get them in the "Pro" version with the TC Pro seat pad which is major upgrade for longer days.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Rapha Shadow bibs under some unpadded tights or knee/leg warmers.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

dmp

by dmp

I'm not familiar with the tights mentioned so far, but I have an older pair of Castelli nanoflex bibs. The material is great, but I would caution you to get bibs with an articulated fit- the ones I have bind behind the knee when you pedal. I don't know if this has been changed in newer versions.

ducman

by ducman

dmp wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:53 am
I'm not familiar with the tights mentioned so far, but I have an older pair of Castelli nanoflex bibs. The material is great, but I would caution you to get bibs with an articulated fit- the ones I have bind behind the knee when you pedal. I don't know if this has been changed in newer versions.

I also have the norain bibs, after washing them 2 times, they absorb water like a paper napkin. :?

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I've been happy and super impressed with these. Seems that PI dry is really great improvment and it holds even after washing these. I've been riding with them since year ago and still happy. For the colder weather I plan to have Amfib's which have same technology but are much thicker
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

IchDien

by IchDien

ducman wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:01 am
dmp wrote:

I also have the norain bibs, after washing them 2 times, they absorb water like a paper napkin. :?
Try tumble drying them they should go back to being slightly waterproof.

I would say Castelli Sorpasso as the best tights I've owned and I've tried a lot.

micky

by micky

I love the fitting of the Castelli Sorpasso and the fabrics as well, but that pad is killig me after 2/3 hours, compared to many others brands.
A couple of friends had similar issue with the pad only.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ducman

by ducman

IchDien wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:03 pm
ducman wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:01 am
dmp wrote:

Try tumble drying them they should go back to being slightly waterproof.

I would say Castelli Sorpasso as the best tights I've owned and I've tried a lot.
I even tryed sprayig waterproofing product on them, no improvement. :noidea: