Visual Geometry Comparison

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

topflightpro

by topflightpro

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:26 pm
Would be nice if the user could manually enter data for a non-listed bike, sort of a wiki style interface that way non-listed bikes are no longer an issue.
Try bikegeo.net

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tychom

by Tychom

An older post on the forum got me thinking, a claim that with so many makes & models out there that there's a frame out there for everyone. That there's no need for anyone to go custom (yes there's a whole load of holes in that argument but anyway).

But that got me thinking, what would be an ideal feature for a site like this would be being able to do a reverse search - put in my desired stack and reach measurements and get a list of models that match within some tolerance window.

crinale

by crinale

is fork rake taken into consideration for visualizations?
do you attempt to calculate missing measurements? ie, if front centre isn't given, calculate it using wheelbase - chainstay
i know that bianchi is pretty bad at giving geometry, such as completely omitting fork specs, so i checked and see that there's a note that actual bike measurements were taken. how common is this process? who takes the measurements? how can you ensure accuracy?

xDOMx

by xDOMx

topflightpro wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 pm
ms6073 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:26 pm
Would be nice if the user could manually enter data for a non-listed bike, sort of a wiki style interface that way non-listed bikes are no longer an issue.
Try bikegeo.net
Thanks for posting this. Basic but very useful.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Dredging this thread back up - do we have any good easy to use visual geometry comparison that includes stems? Really struggling ... as usual to move to a new frame and stem setup. // for anyone feeling adventurous I do have my numbers but not 100% confident in my sketches :noidea:
Just ride ..

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

Try https://www.velogicfit.com/frame-comparison or to search by stack + reach numbers and get a list of bikes within that range try https://geometrygeeks.bike/
Bikes:
2024 Giant Revolt Adv Pro - AXS Eagle XX1 / GRX820
2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod - Dura-Ace Di2 12 Speed
2021 Giant TCR ADV Pro Disc - Ultegra Di2 12 Speed
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2 **For Sale**
2019 Genesis Team Zero Disc - SOLD Oct 2020

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Velogicfit is great - thankyou :)
Just ride ..