Yayyyy a what road pump thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Onandon

by Onandon

:D

Im looking for suggestions for a new Jersey pocket carry pump.
I have a pretty specific list of requirement so I hope you’re able to introduce me to new things.

I don’t want co2.
I don’t want a pump with a hose. Direct connection only thanks.
I don’t want anything made by lezyne.
Max of around 8 inches in length.
Sub 100g
Actually be able to inflate a tyre in 300 pumps or so.

If the Silca pocket impero was a tad lighter, less expensive it would be a great option.

What else is worth looking at?
Last edited by Onandon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Bike Tube Air handler mini... (the 300 I'm not sure about)

I was thinking about PDW pump cause it's blingy.. but have not pulled the trigger
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

c60rider

by c60rider

Even though you seem anti them and anti hose I've had a Lezyne mini pump in my pocket for the past couple of years. It has a hose tucked inside and screws onto the valve. Had to use it a few times and it's been the best mini pump I've ever had. Can get to 80psi with not too much effort so I highly recommend that one.

dcorn

by dcorn

LOL no hose and no Lezyne? So what pumps did you have trouble with in the past? :D

My Lezyne pump with a hose works great and is super light. I'd hate to have a direct connection, you could definitely bust up a valve stem trying to pump hard.

uraz

by uraz

Blackburn airstik

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I use a 45gr alloy pump that can get my tires up to about 80 psi. They advertise higher pressure but at high pressure everyone has a limit. That's mine.

It's only 6-8usd here in China and it doesn't last forever. Good for a couple of years if you don't puncture too often.

In the instructions it's mentioned that you shouldn't use the no hose mini pumps with two hands. Something about inflating the wheel on the ground with the spare tube, or a stone with a layer of something soft over it, under the valve where the pump attaches. That way you just put your weight over it and gogogo. No risk for damaged pump heads.

Onandon

by Onandon

I have four lezyne pumps, three with hose attachments and an old direct mount.
These are all HV versions so no good for road use - any how, they have all let me down over the years in one way or another. Generally getting a hose screwed onto a valve with freezing cold hands in the rain isn’t fun. ( which is why I want to avoid buying another)

For MTB I now use a Silca tattico which is awesome but a but big for a jersey pocket. The hose has a lever to connect to the valve which works great. Fast, simple and won’t unscrew a valve core.

Shame a can’t combine all of these attributes into one single well made, small, light weight pump.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Onandon wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:43 am
These are all HV versions so no good for road use - any how, they have all let me down over the years in one way or another. Generally getting a hose screwed onto a valve with freezing cold hands in the rain isn’t fun. ( which is why I want to avoid buying another)
While the ABS Flex Hose that come with HV pumps have threaded Presta and Schrader connections, the ABS Speed Flex Hose that come with road HP pumps have Presta connections on both ends where one is threaded and the other slip-fit – no screwing required. Personally I would never bother with any minipump that does not have a threaded hose though…
https://www.lezyne.com/product-hpumps-a ... exhose.php

claus

by claus

Topeak Micro Master-Blaster

SchallUndRauch

by SchallUndRauch

The Topeak pumps are good, but the bbb Samurai won me over. Only pump afaik to combine high volume and high pressure

Wookski

by Wookski

iPump twist- it has a hose but the connection is far better than direct mount pumps I’ve used including silca’s super heavy pocket impero. Plus it comes in 3K gloss and weighs less than 26g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thelorax121

by thelorax121

Wookski wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:49 am
iPump twist- it has a hose but the connection is far better than direct mount pumps I’ve used including silca’s super heavy pocket impero. Plus it comes in 3K gloss and weighs less than 26g.

Where do you find these bad boys?