Campagnolo Compatiblity

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alistaird

by alistaird

All

I'm sure I've seen a post somewhere but can't finding and my question is slightly different to those I've read.

Just bought some pre 2015 11 speed Super Record Derailleurs. They have the all silver logos, so must me pre 2015 I think.

How do I recognise a pair of compatible shifters? From browsing the Catalogues I think the logos changed pre 2015 to be red and silver? Or am I wrong and all Chorus, Record and SR had the silver only Logos?

Thanks...

A

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

alistaird wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:59 pm
How do I recognise a pair of compatible shifters? From browsing the Catalogues I think the logos changed pre 2015 to be red and silver? Or am I wrong and all Chorus, Record and SR had the silver only Logos?
Generally the easiest way is to look at the hoods - post-2015 have 'CAMPAGNOLO' on the outside in white, pre-2015 is in black.

alistaird

by alistaird

raisinberry777 wrote:Generally the easiest way is to look at the hoods - post-2015 have 'CAMPAGNOLO' on the outside in white, pre-2015 is in black.
Thanks, really useful info...

A

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

alistaird wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:59 pm
All

I'm sure I've seen a post somewhere but can't finding and my question is slightly different to those I've read.

Just bought some pre 2015 11 speed Super Record Derailleurs. They have the all silver logos, so must me pre 2015 I think.

Thanks...

A

As previous answer the hoods are a good indicator.
The shape and format of the chanelling on the hoods is also very different between pre- and post 2015 levers, with the pre 2015 levers having deep, parallel grooves running fore-aft on the upper surface of the hood, the post-2015 hoods having shallower, shaped grooves in two ovals, one on top of the hood, one to the outside of the hood.

It is possible to butcher the hoods post 2015 to fit pre 2015 bodies, though, so you might care to look for other indications:

A post-2015 LH lever will have a mechanical limiter that stops the thumb lever from being depressed more than 2 clicks - this may be a silver metal bar, visible externally, seen across the slot in the lever body that allows the movement of the thumb lever, or, in later shifters, there is a moulded-in stop, part of the composite of the body, doing the same job.

On the lever body, under the hood, post 2015 levers have a letter "A" in a square box laser-etched, indicating compatibility with post 2015 F and RDs, where pre-2015 levers don't.
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

alistaird

by alistaird

graeme_f_k wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 am
On the lever body, under the hood, post 2015 levers have a letter "A" in a square box laser-etched, indicating compatibility with post 2015 F and RDs, where pre-2015 levers don't.
Graeme,

As usual - you are very helpful with the definitive statement - I'm sure the RD and FD I've bought which have the SR logo in all silver (no red) indicates that they are pre-2015 and I clearly need to obtain pre-2015 levers (I'm looking at Chorus, Record or SR to have the flexibility of multiple down shifts on the RD).

Thanks

A

PS any luck with my headset seal yet from Campagnolo?