Colnago 2019 range disappointing finish and suitable alternative recommendations please!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
derosa2000

by derosa2000

Casati , Ciocc , Daccordi , Tommasini , Coppi , Formigli , etc. can compete only with paintjob to Colnago and that's all . I had last week two V2R of 2018 and 2019( old design but new '19 color tone and fork/seatpost) and there is no difference in paintjob quality , maybe it is not absolutely perfect but it is very very good , there is difference in design and how accents are applied and made . Someone likes and someone doesn't . I like previous version and I like new versin too . Sorry for my english .

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Colnago hasn’t been relative since the days of steel IMO. For a carbon frame you cannot beat Time. Their in house manufactured frames are of incredible quality. Sarto also makes a stellar product.

by Weenie

muti

by muti

I think both in terms of building(and usually overlooked carbon tuning with the use of vectran in the carbon weaving)and finishing,the quality of Time is second to none.Every Time frame I have inspected is impeccably finished.By the way,they will most probably return to Pro Tour next year with AG2R.Not that it matters to me,just that's the rumour.

kgt

by kgt

Yes, probably AG2R on a new Scylon.

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

derosa2000 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:58 pm
Casati , Ciocc , Daccordi , Tommasini , Coppi , Formigli , etc. can compete only with paintjob to Colnago and that's all . I had last week two V2R of 2018 and 2019( old design but new '19 color tone and fork/seatpost) and there is no difference in paintjob quality , maybe it is not absolutely perfect but it is very very good , there is difference in design and how accents are applied and made . Someone likes and someone doesn't . I like previous version and I like new versin too . Sorry for my english .

The v2r frame and metallic red really doesnt go in my opinion. The 2019 Concept has the same metallic red and that works really well.

c60rider

by c60rider

They're not really metallic though, quite a dull and matt finish up close, but it depends what you like.