Bit of an issue with 2015 Chorus FD

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Catagory6

by Catagory6

the cable is contacting the FD below the clamping bolt, so i need to get the FD-CE011 washer

but would that cause the FD to not lock into the large chainring? when i was out today, it worked fine for the first half of the ride. but coming back home, i would shift into the large chainring, and it would slip right back down to the small ring. sometimes it would lock in. but then a few seconds it would slip back.

i'm hoping this isn't an issue with the shifter itself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Does the shifter not stay in the larger chainring click position?

Maybe there is dirt in that shifter mechanism. There are some ways to try and clean it.

Catagory6

by Catagory6

alcatraz wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:47 am
Does the shifter not stay in the larger chainring click position?

Maybe there is dirt in that shifter mechanism. There are some ways to try and clean it.
yes, the shifter slipped. but checking it again on the stand, its operating fine now.

flush it out with WD540? it worked for a pre-'15 rear shifter with a sticky thumb lever

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I havent had to do this myself. I'd check youtube for a few pointers (plenty of videos on stuck shifting mechanisms). Try those solvents.

I think there is a little pivoting arm with a spring that grabs on a splined barrel. That arm's pivot point could be a bit stuck. That's where it needs cleaning/lubing is my guess.

Hopefully the splines on that barrel aren't worn out or anything. Keep fingers crossed.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Redo the setup from scratch. Get and install the washer and route cable correctly. Make sure the outer limit screw is backed out while doing the setup. Fine tune the tension on the cable. Don’t set the outer limit screw until all the fine tuning of cable tension has been complete. In the meantime, just be careful not to throw the chain to the outside while you fine tune things.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Catagory6

by Catagory6

cool, thanks for the info
cable is barely making contact, but will get that washer anyway
of course its working fine now on the stand.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com