Computer mount and light fitting

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
stevenpopcast

by stevenpopcast

Just wondering if anyone is using anything like a barfly for light fitting and how they find it.

I have a barfly sli and think I need to purchase an adapter for fitting a light. The extra fitting is not much less than the barfly max which comes with everything needed.

Not sure how the barfly works with a light as find it a little loose with the mio 315 attached.

Just read about cycliq mount and was wondering what people on here use and what works.

Thinking of mounting an exposure strada.

Need to get back on my bike following a spell of depression meaning I didn’t want to do anything. I went down to 75Kg due to no interest in eating and not sleeping. Now at 90kg through medication I need to get back on my bike hence the need for light mount this time of year.....

angrylegs

by angrylegs

On my training bike I use one from K-Edge that has a Go-Pro style mount underneath, so my Garmin is on top and my Bontrager Ion is below. For my new bike build I'm probably going with one from Garmin that does the same, but instead of clamping to the bar it's attached to the stem faceplate. I love this style. Keeps the bars clean.

by Weenie

LeMomo

by LeMomo

I’m using a barfly face plate mount (fizik stem) and an exposure stem mount (replaces 2 bolts) mounted tot the lower bolts. Holds my MaxxD light with no sign of movement.

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

I use a barfly 4 max to look after my Magellan/mio cyclo500 gps and to mount a light and motion urban 850 light via the GoPro mount on one of my road bikes and one of my cyclo-cross bikes.

When you say it's a bit loose with the mio GPS, I'm assuming you are using the mio/Magellan specific insert rather than the Garmin one as I have had no issues with a loose fit. Or is it loose on the bars? If so does it have the thin plastic shim underneath the clamp?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk