New Cervélo Tomorrow? (1st Oct launch)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

Yes, no way this frame is 740gr. A weight close to 1000gr makes sense.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:12 am
Looks like the real frame weight is somewhere around 975g for a painted S5 frame.

https://www.cervelo.com/media/gene-cms/ ... _paper.pdf
That sounds more realistic..235g for paint sounds about right given those tube shapes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The whitepaper has a diagram comparing the Cervelo integral stem to a -6deg standard stem (which can be fitted with an adapter.) There was some discussion before about how the pictured stem was the equivalent to a slammed -17deg. Looks like that isn't true...
Attachments
cervelo-stem.png

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I think it was mentioned that the spy-shots stem is -6 equivalent (which the picture rougly confirms), but -17 deg equivalent stems would be available separately.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

jlok

by jlok

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:16 am
jlok wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:10 am
tire clearance?
30mm official (38mm at the chainstays with ISO mandated 4mm clearance on either side.)
Thx Tobin. It's good, just enough to hug the 4.5AR.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

wingguy

by wingguy

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:26 am
The whitepaper has a diagram comparing the Cervelo integral stem to a -6deg standard stem (which can be fitted with an adapter.) There was some discussion before about how the pictured stem was the equivalent to a slammed -17deg. Looks like that isn't true...
I didn't see anyone say the pictured stem was a -17. I said it was a normal -6 or -7, other people said the same, and it was true...

wingguy

by wingguy

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:37 am
Sounds too good to be true. Sunweb should easily be able to get to the 6.8kg lower limit assuming the seatpost and bar/stem combo aren't too chunky.
Apparently the fork, cable routing parts and stem fixtures are quite chunky. The Cervelo peeps we talked to certainy weren't making any claims of having an ultralight system compared to the other guys. In the ballpark of the competition was their expectation, IIRC

robeambro

by robeambro

wingguy wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:12 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:37 am
Sounds too good to be true. Sunweb should easily be able to get to the 6.8kg lower limit assuming the seatpost and bar/stem combo aren't too chunky.
Apparently the fork, cable routing parts and stem fixtures are quite chunky. The Cervelo peeps we talked to certainy weren't making any claims of having an ultralight system compared to the other guys. In the ballpark of the competition was their expectation, IIRC
To be fair all of their marketing seems to focus mostly on improved comfort / handling (which arguably was the main criticism to the old model).
No bike manufacturer has claimed to have "the lightest aero bike" out there.

Surprisingly, now that all new 2019 bikes are out, only Cannondale has been cocky enough to claim being the fastest. Cervelo did include competitors in their white paper, but only to compare frame characteristics, and not aerodynamic performance.

One would think that if Trek and Cervelo, with both of their bikes being released after Cannondale's SystemSix, may have easily wanted to debunk Cannondale's claim and show how their new models were faster. But neither did. And I was surely expecting Cervelo to do it, given their reputation.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

No one would believe a manufacturers claims anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

muti

by muti

Overall I think the cable routing is well thought and executed.I think is one of the only aero frames that can actually work with mechanical groupsets.The fork "rod"is a nice solution(plus the front part of the fork can provide the needed structural support in addition to the cable path).Also,it would be preadjusted according to frame size from the factory so no cutting(thus no room for any error)will be needed.And the height adjustment is pretty easy even with the cables installed.Maybe in the future a 0 setback seatpost and a differently angled stem could be offered,I guess this decision will be made according to demand.Well done Cervelo.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

TobinHatesYou wrote:The whitepaper has a diagram comparing the Cervelo integral stem to a -6deg standard stem (which can be fitted with an adapter.) There was some discussion before about how the pictured stem was the equivalent to a slammed -17deg. Looks like that isn't true...
These will look mean with the -17
Using Tapatalk

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

^ yup. Anyone seen any pics of one with a -17 equivelant yet?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

wingguy wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:06 am

I didn't see anyone say the pictured stem was a -17. I said it was a normal -6 or -7, other people said the same, and it was true...
Ah, I looked back at the thread and I wrote there must be an option without the severe rise and you said there were no plans for it.

Is there a lower rise bar/stem?

wingguy

by wingguy

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:30 pm
Is there a lower rise bar/stem?
Potentially some pro-only versions, no plans for retail. That was a month or so back though, so things could change.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

No -17 option will limit options for many.
Using Tapatalk