New Cervélo Tomorrow? (1st Oct launch)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sfo423

by sfo423

Anyone get the new R5 yet?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

R5 2019 is equal to R5 2018. What do you want to know?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Funnyclub wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:59 pm
Anyone here that owns the new S5 do you know if it’s easy enough to change bar height or do you need to shorten cables etc?
AFAIK, you don't need to disassemble front end to change bar height and, unless you happen to install a huge spacer tower, a 10mm change up or down won't necessitate any cable change action.

Changing stem should be a different experience, though :lol:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

timmerrr

by timmerrr

Funnyclub wrote:
Anyone here that owns the new S5 do you know if it’s easy enough to change bar height or do you need to shorten cables etc?
The way the front end is built with out a traditional steerer it is super easy to make adjustments to the height. No need to shorten cables or hoses unless making a huge change.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

sfo423

by sfo423

I am trying to finnd a 61cm disc to demo but that has low odds of happening.

How is the front end / HT from a lateral stiffness? Any feedback on ride in terms of compliance, tracking, etc?
mrlobber wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 am

gwilson

by gwilson

sfo423 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:09 pm
I am trying to finnd a 61cm disc to demo but that has low odds of happening.

How is the front end / HT from a lateral stiffness? Any feedback on ride in terms of compliance, tracking, etc?
mrlobber wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 am
As a fellow 60/61 rider, you just reminded me how ridiculous it is that they don't make the new S5 in anything bigger than a 58

Funnyclub

by Funnyclub

mrlobber wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:42 am
Funnyclub wrote:
AFAIK, you don't need to disassemble front end to change bar height and, unless you happen to install a huge spacer tower, a 10mm change up or down won't necessitate any cable change action.

Changing stem should be a different experience, though :lol:
Cool tnx, looking forward to getting mine in the new year.

timmerrr

by timmerrr

Finally got an update on my bike. After having been told it would be here in the middle of november, then december and still no bike, I started asking questions. Apparently shimano had a warehouse fire and didn't have any dura ace components to ship to cervelo to build the high end S5s. New shipment of dura ace coming in mid january so hopefully no too much longer to wait now.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

sfo423

by sfo423

FWIW, Cervelo R delivery times are more centric to the size and spec (EU retailers).

Some frame sizes available now, some in JAN.
Some complete bikes now, but larger sizes in JAN.

The fire delayed many manufacturers from original timelines.
timmerrr wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:10 pm
Finally got an update on my bike. After having been told it would be here in the middle of november, then december and still no bike, I started asking questions. Apparently shimano had a warehouse fire and didn't have any dura ace components to ship to cervelo to build the high end S5s. New shipment of dura ace coming in mid january so hopefully no too much longer to wait now.

1llum4

by 1llum4

https://manuals.cervelo.com/f/S3_Disc_manual.pdf manual for the new S3 disc, there is also the manual for the new S5 disc and S3 rim. It shows the cable routing of the bike and the special wedge system of the new S3 disc/rim bike.

TiCass

by TiCass

1llum4 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:44 pm
https://manuals.cervelo.com/f/S3_Disc_manual.pdf manual for the new S3 disc, there is also the manual for the new S5 disc and S3 rim. It shows the cable routing of the bike and the special wedge system of the new S3 disc/rim bike.
From what I understand, the S3 Rim has fully internal gear cables. Brake cables remain external. Kinda cool.

Mep

by Mep

TiCass wrote:
1llum4 wrote:
From what I understand, the S3 Rim has fully internal gear cables. Brake cables remain external. Kinda cool.
Bummer was hoping the S3 would get internal brake cabling, but that was a long shot.

TiCass

by TiCass

Mep wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:12 am
TiCass wrote:
1llum4 wrote:
Bummer was hoping the S3 would get internal brake cabling, but that was a long shot.
Meh, you could ruin a bike pretty easily by having shitty integrated brakes... aka Venge Vias. I think it's better with the regular shimano direct mount brake.

Mep

by Mep

TiCass wrote:
Mep wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:12 am
TiCass wrote:
1llum4 wrote:
Meh, you could ruin a bike pretty easily by having shitty integrated brakes... aka Venge Vias. I think it's better with the regular shimano direct mount brake.
But Cervelo would actually test the brakes before mass manufacturing their bikes.. maybe Image

kavlares

by kavlares

1llum4 wrote:
thank you for posting this!
very informative on how cervelo s3 is built...
impressive bikes the 2019 cervelos!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com