What aero helmet should I buy?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

1415chris

by 1415chris

Js2 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:20 pm
1415chris wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:43 pm
Since Kask Utopia is alredy in the shops, I was wondering if somebody has managed to get one and could share a few words on its fit and suspension system.
I have Infinity and Protone as the reference point.
I'm currently using one, fit is same with the Protone. Feels a bit quieter than the Protone at speed, suspension retention and strap is the same with protone. Hope this helps! :beerchug:
Very much so, Sir :beerchug:
Limar is looking good, but for me its a bit unknown territory. Knowing what to expect from Kask, perfect fit, very good suspension system and quality retention strap, probably I will stay with their offering. Thanks anyway.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AnkitS

by AnkitS

The BMC boys (rip BMC) only wore the vanquish on shorter flatter stages from what I remember. The Vanquish is probably too hot for daily use.

jlok

by jlok

sorry to resurrect this thread, but how's everyone doing with the POC Ventral?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Ill put my thoughts as I just ordered a POC Ventral air Spin

robeambro

by robeambro

Hi guys,

is there any new aero helmet on the horizon for this year? To be honest I'm not quite happy with the looks of many current ones (and/or they don't match my oval head).
I don't mind waiting a little bit, but I assume any new launch would be happening in the next few months if at all.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

I am interested in an aero helmet for cooler days. Has anyone actually seen any speed gains from wearing one?
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

JoO

by JoO

Whatever you buy get one with mips or comparable tech.

Stueys

by Stueys

Nickldn wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:53 pm
I am interested in an aero helmet for cooler days. Has anyone actually seen any speed gains from wearing one?
Spesh S-Works Evade is pretty good for cooler days, it has noticablely less cooling than my previous Kask Protone but still vents well. Would echo the comment above about buying a helmet with slip plane tech in, most of the science shows it's safer.

AJS914

by AJS914

Nickldn wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:53 pm
Has anyone actually seen any speed gains from wearing one?
I'm not sure one can see/feel 5-10 watts.

BTW, I have a Ballista MIPS that I like.

BagelMaster

by BagelMaster

I've been hopeful to get a Lazer Century Mips. I like the flexibility of the aero cover and the ability to remove it and the light if it proves to be hot and heavy.

dcorn

by dcorn

I recently picked up an Evade II after wearing a Prevail I/II for years. I just rode it on a 90+ degree day for a quick ride and didn't seem to have a problem with not cooling enough. I wouldn't wear it on a long climb or anything, but keeping up speed, it provides plenty of cooling.

As for speed gains, who knows haha. I got it for races mainly, so I'm hoping every little bit helps!

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I just picked up a Evade II also. Replaced my worn out Giro Ionos, seems to be fine in everyway. It's never really that hot around here. The hottest was about 80F so far.