Campagnolo Record 2015+ FD problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

I have Campagnolo Record 2015+ model, and have a problem with my FD. On bumpy terrain, FD drop the chain from the big ring to small ring (and change the position of FD Cage from big ring position, to small ring position) which is bothersome...

If the FD is in BigRing, and i try to press the FD Cage with my fingers with not much force i can push it in small ring position, and also can feel clicking in FrontShifter while doing this...

Seem that some kind of spring which supposed to keep the FD in position is relaxed or maybe broken?

So where is my problem? Is it FD or Shifter? And any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Probably the shifter. Unhook the fd. Move it by hand it should spring into the low position freely by it self

Now try the shifter. In the high position pull on the cable by hand. If you can get it to down shift by pulling the cable then the shifter is at fault. Next in mount the shifter. Check the screw securing all the internals is done up properly. It might be loose causing the ratchet to not function properly or the ratchet is just.

Ec-re301 is spare you need if the shifter is busy

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Try undoing the high limit screw on the FD a quarter of turn. Could be that the the ratchet in the shifter is not fully engaged, the above leaves a bit more space.

BradJenkins

by BradJenkins

That'll probably work
XCProMD wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 am
Try undoing the high limit screw on the FD a quarter of turn. Could be that the the ratchet in the shifter is not fully engaged, the above leaves a bit more space.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I assumed the op was not getting rubbing in big small. If the op find there chain tubs in big small the above may work. If not try it but you should be able to set the limit screw to have just no rub Nd have the ratchet fully engaged.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Probably just a setup issue. I agree to back off the upper limit screw pretty much completely, but also to go through the setup again. There is some overrun in the front derailleur when shifting from big to small. You need to let that happen during the shift while setting it up. Then fine tune the position of the front derailleur when in big/big. Once you get the fine tune adjustment done, only then do I set the final position of the outer limit screw. During setup, while shifting from small to big ring, just be careful not to throw the chain off the outer side with the outer limit screw backed off.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

3Pio

by 3Pio

Sorry for replying late, but i was out of my City and forgot to reply...

It was just a bolt who keep mechanism together, so after retighten works everything nice..And thanks for everyone trying to help...

But there is another problem i have.. When im in Big/Big, and im off bike sometimes happening the chaindrop and chain to get stucked between frame and Chain Catcher.. (And this is really .... On the road no way to put chain back without some frame scratch....)

ChainCatcher is adjuster really close to the chain, and L screw on FD i thing is set properly.. To me look like chain catcher make the things worst...

So any tips about that?

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Add a bit of tension to the cable. If there’s a tension barrel somewhere in the system, undo it a quarter of a turn.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

The critical adjustment point should be done when the chain is on big/big with the outer limit screw backed off (it needs some overrun). Inner cage plate should be very close to the chain at this point. After you’ve got that dialed then set the outer limit screw as the last step. If it is too close during setup it limits the overrun and where the chain can settle on the big run, which is the position you need it at when fine tuning the cable tension.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ