Supersix evo frame from ebay

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stephdexter

by stephdexter

Hi everyone,

I plan to do an upgrade from Chinese made non branded frame to Supersix Evo build.
In my research I found a very good deal of a frameset (frame, fork and Headset) on ebay for about 1K.
It is so much better price than a used frame that I can find locally.

Sellers location is in Taiwan and got long history of transaction.

My question is this a legit Supersix Evo?
Can anyone help me to verify please ?

can i share the hyperlink here?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Of course you can.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

At first sight looks legit, although the additional holes on the downtube seem very weird. Also, the fork has HiMod marking painted while the frame has not (should have been on the seatstays).
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Additional holes threw me a little, but I think it's designed for MK1/7970 dI2.

betwo

by betwo

very good paint job but they do not look legitimate

Cannonwhale

by Cannonwhale

Looks pretty suspect unfortunatley.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2018-sup ... 1697676029

GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

I’m no expert, but that looks like a knockoff to me. Those are sort of the old liquigas colors; I don’t see how the frame could be new and legitimate.

Could very well be the factory making a few extra frames with cannondale’s mold and selling the on eBay. The carbon factory often doesn’t do the paint, which would explain the odd colors.

Ask for a photo of the serial number and send to Cannondale.

[Edit] looking at the photos, the cable entry/exit and fork don’t even look correct. Avoid.

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

I’d stay far away from any and all Asian sellers. Save you money and get the real thing. Real things aren’t typically cheap.

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Damn, if it's not real it certainly looks the part although I admit I'm no expert. They have a shop on ebay and they have a lot of positive feedback. If it's not real then they're doing a bloody good job of passing on fake stuff.

alistaird

by alistaird

I agree with the idea of checking the Serial Number with Cannondale. If the seller is legit they should be happy sending you the Serial Number.

A

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I guess the link from dhgate.com Cannonwhale posted above seals the verdict. Even though it looks very good, it is fake.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

If its not legit, can you report this to somewhere? This kind of shop should be closed.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

NiFTY

by NiFTY

The additional holes look like meant for di2 BUT the team edition never came with di2, and all evos were mech or di2 specific. Also the series that had that paint, the first year, pre-dates the uci approval sticker. Its a fake. Avoid.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

This is what happens when you start with Chinese Carbon Frames. Stop looking for incredibly cheap as your number one goal. If you want a legit, new, branded frame, it is rare that you will find one with a very low price. Doesn't make sense.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com