Geometry Question - Massive Stack Difference?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

flying

by flying

robertbb wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:43 am
THe 2016 and 2017/2018 Roubaix frames are different:

https://archive.fujibikes.com/2016/Fuji/roubaix-13-

https://archive.fujibikes.com/2017/Fuji/roubaix-133

Flick between the two and you'll see; the geometry is now more Giant style "compact road" and the tube shapes (top tube, chainstays, down tube) are different as is the shift cable routing.
I guess I see it now & yes went from a more traditional TT to a compact style thus a shorter seat tube
Surprised I did not notice that but then again I only look at frames not the built models

Too bad though as I think the traditional geometry & top tube shape gave it some of its ride comfort & liveliness

Toptube same effective 545 so good there

Chainstays same length but I cannot see what shapes are now but on Performance Bikes website the magnified view
look similar to what I have. The asymmetrical shapes on this model I have seemed to work well.

But in any case I have seen Fuji does things very well & price/value is always great IMHO I bet you will be happy :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

Thanks for the chat about it - has definitely helped to sway me towards the Roubaix over the SLA.

If you do pick up the newer frame a comparison would be great. I'm definitely getting more and more into modern alloy bikes over Carbon.

flying

by flying

robertbb wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:05 am
Thanks for the chat about it - has definitely helped to sway me towards the Roubaix over the SLA.

If you do pick up the newer frame a comparison would be great. I'm definitely getting more and more into modern alloy bikes over Carbon.

Will do & I just might end up on another Roubaix.
Just depends what I see in Asia

I am also pretty sold on newer style alloy
Weight is more than close enough & ride is down to
wheels/seatpost etc anyway as monocoque frames feel like riding plywood to me :wink:

robertbb

by robertbb

Well... Ridley acknowledged the error in their PDF "passport" for the frame, and will be updating it. I jokingly asked for a discount for pointing it out and got knocked back.

flying

by flying

robertbb wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:05 am

Well I did end up grabbing the Fuji roubaix elite frame
All else aside it is just a great deal :D
Not to mention I have really loved riding this one these past 2 years
Also not going to be available as just a frame in 2019
So 2018 is all that is left

Will let you know how they compare but not till January
as I am riding the older Roubaix in Northern Thailand for a few more months
Last edited by flying on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tychom

by Tychom

I've found generally it's best to take stack/reach measurements with a pinch of salt, and take the other values over to bikecad/rattlecad and create your own set of values for the frames that interest you. Published data is often mis-copy/pasted, sometimes the values include the headset cover/conical spacer (which can add up to 2cm), othertimes not.. there are too many discrepencies.