aero frame query for seasoned riders / members in relation to normal rider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lewn777

by Lewn777

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:02 am
The less trail your bike have, the more affected steering will be on deeper section wheels.
This is often never mentioned talking stability of the bike.
How much trail would be ideal, what would the numbers? What aero frames would be best?

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Stueys wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:13 am
reedplayer wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:53 pm
Stueys wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:43 pm
AJS914 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:12 pm
When I add up aero gains from various sources it looks like:

50mm wheels 25 watts
frame 20 watts
bars 5 watts
aero helmet 10 watts
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/videos/cy ... -bang-buck

Most of what I’ve seen suggests a pure aero frame makes a relatively small difference compared to kit, wheels, bars, etc, etc. Certainly I don’t think you would get 20 watts
no offend, but those numbers are complete nonsense. some people obviously are not clear about what 20w means.
No offence taken but clarify which part you are disagreeing with?
sorry for being misleading:
i agree to your post. i think saving 20w by using an aero frame ist absolutely unrealistic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

First shake down rides on the S5 to and from work 12 miles each way and in no way lit it up as early start and tired ride home. But all things good and dialling the position in. Have had a leaning towards 56cm Cervelo over the years but went to a 54cm with 550cm toptube 38.5 cm reach and feels fine, just need to assimulate to the 'smaller' frame. On one rolling segment coming home the bike got to 25mph and seemed to switch up a gear and just get faster which was interesting. At nominal speeds, much like another other bike 18mph +. Looking at fit options and have a suspicion I may need 110mm stem.