Source for oversized (1 1/4") Stems ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Finx

by Finx

Hi all,

I've decided I can't stand the H36 ErgoCockpit on my Canyon Endurace.

I'd like to switch to my Enve Compact road bars and stem. Unfortunately Enve's road stems are 1 1/8" only.

I know Canyon claims to have an alloy stem that will work. They still don't list any components on their US website. Trying to order with them over the phone using part numbers from the international sites has been a disaster. They keep sending me the wrong parts. They did finally manage to send me a 1 1/4" stem and the headset cover adapter, but the stem they sent me was missing parts (faceplate and blots), and is really heavy. I'm going to have to call them on Monday to figure out whats going on with the missing faceplate and bolts.

In the meantime, I found the Zipp SL-OS oversized stems that are 1 1/4", but was wondering what other options might be out there ? I'd prefer a lightweight carbon stem (120mm +/-6 degrees w/31.8mm bar clamp) if such a thing exists.

Thanks in advance...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vermu

by Vermu

Ritchey has 2 options which are most likely lightest available wcs220 and 260 (can’t remember the carbon version)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roadman

by roadman

Giant use an oversize steerer and so do 1 1/4

Also Pro Vibe in carbon.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

There is already a very long thread about 1-1/4" stems including this very handy summary of available options:

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0#p1356435

Finx

by Finx

MayhemSWE wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:47 pm
There is already a very long thread about 1-1/4" stems including this very handy summary of available options:

Thanks for linking that.

Unfortunately, searching for terms like "1 1/4" and "31.8" are very difficult on message boards (and the internet in general).

shotgun

by shotgun

Finx wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:07 pm
MayhemSWE wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Thanks for linking that.

Unfortunately, searching for terms like "1 1/4" and "31.8" are very difficult on message boards (and the internet in general).
Feel free to use the term OD2 or overdrive 2. It'll help google as well
2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Finx

by Finx

Actually, I had found the OD2 stems on Giants site. Unfortunately, they were out of stock on the 120mm for all of those models.

I ended up ordering the Ritchey carbon stem from their website. I've had good luck with them on other components, and they look decent enough compared to many carbon stems.