Cervelo S5 Disc 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ak47

by ak47

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vinc

by vinc

That’s what you can call aero

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

AJS914

by AJS914

I think Look did that headtube in the 90s.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

+1 for: LIKE!

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Very unique if unique meant identical to many other aero bikes.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

C36

by C36

Ugly as f..k
On the “2019 bike roll out jam” you have other pictures of the front. While the “Look” type of fork is nice but not new , the cockpit seems quite extreme with the V shape stem and curious how you will be able to adjust.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Last edited by C36 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluechip

by Bluechip

At first I agreed with C36 but it has grown on me the last few days. If I decide to get an aero bike it is on the list.

TiCass

by TiCass

Love it! Would like to have it in mercedes grey and chrome!

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Bluechip wrote:At first I agreed with C36 but it has grown on me the last few days. If I decide to get an aero bike it is on the list.
Same here and on today’s GCN Tech show, I learned that the split bar stem has been seen before on a Simplon Pride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

C36

by C36

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Bluechip wrote:At first I agreed with C36 but it has grown on me the last few days. If I decide to get an aero bike it is on the list.
Same here and on today’s GCN Tech show, I learned that the split bar stem has been seen before on a Simplon Pride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed, that was earlier this year but still never close to be new, the Cheetah Cat was pushing it to another level more 20 years ago. ImageImageImage

C36

by C36

Assuming I accept the nonsense of the disc on an aero bike, I would go first toward the Trek madone or the Venge that still have an appealing look, this frame is surely fast, faster than my SSevo but it appears totally imbalanced (as current s5 btw)...

parajba

by parajba

C36 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:36 am
Assuming I accept the nonsense of the disc on an aero bike, I would go first toward the Trek madone or the Venge that still have an appealing look, this frame is surely fast, faster than my SSevo but it appears totally imbalanced (as current s5 btw)...

Have you ever done a rolling hill or flat race on carbon wheels in the rain? A race with tight corners, rain and perhaps in a group of several riders? It’s beyond me how people even question the usefulness of disc brakes tbh. Truth to be told, disc brakes are not required for ‘gentle’ club rides, coffee trips or perhaps pure hill climb races (I.e. short pure uphill races without having to descend perhaps when it rains). And this is coming from me, a cyclist who has ridden only rim brake bikes and until last year thought that disc brakes on road bikes were ugly, but my next purchase (this winter) will certainly be an aero road bike with disc brakes. I got used to the it at they look like. My major gripe with discs was mainly aesthetic as we are used to certain things, but it’s only a matter of time and discs will look absolutely normal on a bike and the rim brake will look outdated.

Just my 0.02c.

jih

by jih

In a close group on a course with tight corners, what about the guy behind you on rim brakes?

Jugi

by Jugi

jih wrote:In a close group on a course with tight corners, what about the guy behind you on rim brakes?
Everyone in the group has adequate braking power. The disc brake user just uses less force at the lever (therefore conserving energy) to achieve the same result, and when in clean air he will be able to start braking just a bit later because of a bit better modulation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Exactly....it’s whatever you are used to....... disc brakes probably inspire greater confidence in less experienced riders (ooh contraversial)........which is why there hasn’t been instant universal takeup within the peloton.