Does anyone make a completely alloy crit/aero bike?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sapateira

by Sapateira

Another good frame of aluminiun to do that type of bike its the Bianchi Via Nirone, cheap, durabel, good geo and beautiful. Not so aero than a allez , but you can put aero wheels aero handlebar and have some distinct.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Isn’t the sole purpose of a crit bike is to have stiffest frame with aggressive geometry, razor-sharp handling and snappy acceleration?

As some have mentioned Merida, CAAD, Bianchi, Giant Propel. These are all great bikes but we can’t ignore slew of riders who rave about Allez Sprint performance. No, I do not own one, nor do I promote one. I think hands down it’s an ultimate race machine that accelerates like a greyhound.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Pretty hard to beat these things. I keep going back to it even with the ViAS and until recently Tarmac sitting there ready to ride. ImageImageImageImageImage
Using Tapatalk

Lewn777

by Lewn777

The point here is that just think of the bike as 'fast flat-land orientented bike with durability and flexibility'. Forget I mentioned crits. I just want something that can take a pounding to ride fast on flat roads, and be abused by various baggage handlers.

-I can't afford a TT bike so yes, what the confusion? Take 10 minutes to bolt on or off clip-on TT bars, what thie issue? :noidea:
-Ok carbon forks with alu dropouts, and maybe header.
-Deep carbon wheelset, because windy days I'll just ride the climbing bike.
-I want 11 speed thinking about Shimano mechs, new 105 maybe.

I'm in Asia so those 2nd hand options aren't viable. :(

REGICYCLE

by REGICYCLE

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/int/propel-slr-1-2016
My n+1 if i could get my hands on it... unfortunately its 3 years old now and was only sold in Asia
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/int/propel-slr-2
The latest model may suit what you're looking for though?

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder