And yet another Evo HiMod Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

There is a thread in WW which gives the combination of best weight. In short, old style hi mod frame with latest himod fork is the lightest combo.

In terms of stiffness, the new style Evo is, in my opinion, a bit tighter. That said, last rode my old
Evo about 5 years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Beancouter wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:26 pm
There is a thread in WW which gives the combination of best weight. In short, old style hi mod frame with latest himod fork is the lightest combo.

In terms of stiffness, the new style Evo is, in my opinion, a bit tighter. That said, last rode my old
Evo about 5 years ago!

Seems the largest thread is 4ibanez supersix with 400 posts. Is that the thread you are talking about? I just spent 30min with the search function. :oops:

It'd be cool to know what paint scheme is lighter among the 2015 evo hm's.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Build started - I do like a ninja bike.....

Crank comes in at 439 on a single 44T ring

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Sorry for hijacking.

Just been offered a 2014 frame for 900usd. The seller says he weighed it at 760gr and fork at just around 300gr. It's a white and black original glossy paint scheme.

Is this a good weight? I'm thinking without paint it could realistically go to maybe 950-1000gr for the set.

I'm thinking if I should get it or if my weightweenie days are concluded :lol:

Right now I'm on an FM066SL at 1230gr for the set.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I can’t really say as will be dependent on size and whether it is himod or not.

I will try and find the article on here which explains the weights.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

It's a himod 50cm frame.

No pressure, but thanks. I've been on ww for 3 years and I've often heard of this thread but never found it. It's like bigfoot.

Your bike is a sweet looking one. Did you get that frame's paint stripped? Looks real good.

A sram red bb30 130bcd crank is lighter than a sisl2 and is among the cheapest red cranks. People that still ride pf/bb30 are not really pro so for convenience they usually go for 110bcd.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Screenshot below which shows weight combinations.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

People that ride pf30 are not pro? I would say the vast of all cyclists aren't pro. But for the record quikstep, bora hansgrohe and ef education first ate on pf30 frames.

1st and 3rd in teams classification for the world tour and 2nd best rider. Probably not that pro though.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Personally I love bb30. :D

I'm talking about the shrinking use of pf30/bb30 frames in general. Considering that there are still a vast number of bb30 cranks in circulation it's a good time to get a good deal. Also 130bcd is where I live on average 10% or so cheaper. Why I don't know. I'm thinking people are over the big ring frenzy or that the pros are leaving. :lol:

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Are all the lightest himod frames pf30? I wish there was a bb30 one so I don't have to add cups to the weight.

themidge

by themidge

Beancouter wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:33 pm
Screenshot below which shows weight combinations.
Glad you found it. Just for the record, I haven't physically tried or weighed the combos I mentioned (though I do own a 2008 supersix), I was just going off the specifications anyone can find and what's basically common knowledge at this point regarding the weights of the frames.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Build nearly finished.... cabling to do in the morning.

Weight should be about 5.7kg. Would be nearly 300g lighter with my farsport 38mm, but will ride better with the knights.