Finally Got Myself A Canyon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

FTPWhor wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:35 am
How is the ride?? Especially when compared to the giant??
It's a world away from the Giant, as that has tubeless 35c tyres on it...like riding on a cloud :lol: Only ridden it once but it definitely feels stiffer than the Focus (same wheels, tyres and pressures) and the Cervelo R3 I just got rid of. I'm definitely going to put 28c tyres on it once the 25's wear out. It does feel quite stable generally though, and on the descents as some reviews noted. The biggest change for me is getting used to the Di2, I keep thinking about which button I have to press!
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

Nice congrats!

I just ordered the Canyon CF SL Disc version in the US. Can't wait for it to arrive. Will convert it to SRAM eTap HRD.

As for the Di2 shifters, you can always program the Di2 buttons to do what you want if you have the PC tool.

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

vanmatthew wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:01 pm
Nice congrats!

I just ordered the Canyon CF SL Disc version in the US. Can't wait for it to arrive. Will convert it to SRAM eTap HRD.

As for the Di2 shifters, you can always program the Di2 buttons to do what you want if you have the PC tool.
Excellent, congrats to you!

Yes, I'm thinking I may hook it up to the PC again and change the button config :)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

Robbyville

by Robbyville

mogwaiboi wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:41 am
Robbyville wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:16 pm
Wow looks awesome congratulations! I think the black tape and bars on that blue is perfect, I wouldn’t go white. Maybe if the blue were darker. I’m not a huge fan of the gum walls, when you change to a deeper section rim perhaps :). Right now just too many contrasting looks with the black rim couple with silver brake track. But let’s face it, while looks are important, it’s a tool not a jewel!

Enjoy and ride safe!
Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure about the gumwalls but I think they look the business now. A few others have said the same. Pretty happy with the way it turned out :D :D :D
Agreed, it’s absolutely beautiful and so happy that it seems to ride as good as it looks! Enjoy!

waypastfast73

by waypastfast73

Great colour!

Stickman

by Stickman

What size is it, and have you weighed it stock and with the current wheels?

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Stickman wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:50 am
What size is it, and have you weighed it stock and with the current wheels?
It's a size S. No I haven't weighed it as yet...I need to get myself some scales :D
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

Love the excellent bike color but not a fan of gumwall tires on modern bikes. Your gumwalls does not have the same color as well so the over all appearance is a little iffy to me.

KevinM

by KevinM

Shrike wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:36 am
Congrats! Some inspiration..

This!