colnago v2r

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

silverbark77

by silverbark77

hi i have just bought a colnago v2r from merlin cycles uk but the bottom bracket does not have the aluminium tf 82.5 sleeve the out board cups seem to be bonded to the frame shell i not going to try and remove i want to fit a ceramic speed bottom bracket designed for this frame any ideas

Boshk

by Boshk

@Calnago or @Graeme should be able to answer you on that. If I remember correctly, Calnago stated that they changed the inner sleeve to not include the sleeve, BUT that was on a C60.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

silverbark77

by silverbark77

thanks boshk i have just had a look at the cups they are marked colnago only and do not have the words thread fit so it may be a new system

Boshk

by Boshk

silverbark77 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:40 am
thanks boshk i have just had a look at the cups they are marked colnago only and do not have the words thread fit so it may be a new system
I thought they were the same actually, C60 and V2R, both are Colnago's threadfit 82.5, so all your would need is Ultra-Torque cups if you are going Campy.
On the C60, if I'm right, one could take out Colnago's threadfit and replace it with a T47 bb...

On the Ceramic website, looks like V2R and C60 share the same bb but they call it T45....

I'll let the experts answer you

silverbark77

by silverbark77

if i use the ceramic t45 and the colnago cups in the frame can be unscrewed is the bracket shell a different diameter as the aluminium shell would be a smaller diameter if it fits into the shell i have checked the ultra torque cups they will fit into the colnago cups already in the frame but i like the idea of threaded cups and i am not sure about threaded carbon

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

All V2R’s that I’m aware of have the Threadfit cups threaded into some alloy sleeves on either side of the frame. The alloy sleeves are permanent but the Threadfit cups are removeable and replaceable. If you want to use a Ceramic Speed T45 BB, you should just need to remove the Threadfit cups then install the Ceramic Speed option in their place.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Silverbark, the Ceramicspeed bottom brackets thread directly into the bottom bracket shell. However, the installed Threadfit82.5 must be removed. All four Ceramicspeed T45 bottom brackets include bearings. So, if you're installing a Shimano, SRAM or BB30 crankset you simply intall the cranks. If you're installing a Campagnolo UT crank you remove the bearings from the crank arms. Per CS:

The spindle, not the bottom bracket, is where bearing sit on Ultra-Torque, pressed against the arms. A removal/installation tool is necessary; we sell one here, but any appropriate tool will work. Spacers are included in case the bb shell is too narrow.

So while the Ceramicspeed T45 bottom brackets require that you remove the threaded 82.5 cups unlike a standard installation on a Colnago Threadfit frame (the current version or the previous version with the bonded aluminum sleeve), you're not required to press in another bottom bracket (PF86, GXP, BB30) or Colnago UT cups. No more cups in cups.

edit: Calnago beat me to it. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com