Campy eps and mech prices?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boshk

by Boshk

Anyone notice a drop in 11 speed mechanical campy groupset prices now that the 12 speed is out?

Wonder if EPS 11 speed will drop when/if 12 speed EPS comes out.

Campagnolo seems to retain their value better than Shimano
Last edited by Boshk on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Pure speculation at the moment but 12 S EPS seems to be final now from what we’ve seen in Vuelta. Very likely prices for 11s are dropping soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Ive noticed a few places in the US have had EPS on sale now for a few weeks... not huge sales, but its a slight price drop.. but then again Ive seen some of the Dura Ace 9150 on sale as well, and it isnt going anywhere anytime soon... probably just "end of season" blowouts... On a sidenote, EPS 12 is not slated for a North America release til early 2019 I was told from Campy USA... so Id assume might see an official release within 4-6 weeks? It took about 3 months for mech 12 to make it across the pond..

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

the prices of 11 speed kit from the distirbutors though is the same as it always. If 11 speed kits falls in price any more i'll be selling at cost, in other words I'll stop buying it. I believe in a free market but also a fair one.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

bm0p700f wrote:the prices of 11 speed kit from the distirbutors though is the same as it always. If 11 speed kits falls in price any more i'll be selling at cost, in other words I'll stop buying it. I believe in a free market but also a fair one.
Hear hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruno2000

by bruno2000

As 11 and 12spd will probaly not be compatible at all, no distirbutor will give huge discounts to dealers (and dealers to end-consumers) as those so-called old 11v components will keep their value for people who ride 11v and need replacements.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

ParisCarbon wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:18 pm
Ive noticed a few places in the US have had EPS on sale now for a few weeks... not huge sales, but its a slight price drop.. but then again Ive seen some of the Dura Ace 9150 on sale as well, and it isnt going anywhere anytime soon... probably just "end of season" blowouts... On a sidenote, EPS 12 is not slated for a North America release til early 2019 I was told from Campy USA... so Id assume might see an official release within 4-6 weeks? It took about 3 months for mech 12 to make it across the pond..
Really? Like where?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

glory cycles has some "on sale"

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

No reason to clear 11 speed parts. 10 speed still sells for full whack.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

That’s part of the beauty with Campag... keeps value, doesn’t kill resellers by damping prices.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

XCProMD wrote:That’s part of the beauty with Campag... keeps value, doesn’t kill resellers by damping prices.
I wouldn’t go that far. Prices are held down by the likes of Ribble so no one is getting rich selling Campagnolo

XCProMD

by XCProMD

The situation seems to be much worse with Shimano, at least in Continental Europe

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com