Looking for new Sportive/Fondo/ climb bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ducman

by ducman

My previous go to road bike was this, sadly after meeting a motorcycle crossing the road thinking he was alone....:

I realy liked this bike.

So i'm looking out for buying a supersix. Rim or disc, etap, or DI2, or maybe mechanical.
What's strange that nobody puts weights of complete bikes on there Site. Why is this???
I was looking at Supersixes, Cervelo R5/R3, Focus.... They all 'forgot' to mention the weight???

Any advice on making the right choise is welcome.

Marin

by Marin

The are still posting weights for their rim brake bikes ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ducman

by ducman

Cannondale? Link? thank you

What also would be interesting is a weight comparison between groupsets.
Like: Ultegra disc, mech DuraAce mech DI2 and Red22 mech & Etap, surely an easy to compare table must exist?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Trek lists weights for all of their models (in 56cm).

As far as group weights, eTap is ever so slightly lighter than Dura-Ace Di2. It’s a matter of 10-20 grams I think. Ultegra Di2 is 250-300 grams heavier than Dura-Ace Di2.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

If you’re open to used, this could be viewed as an aesthetically flawed but fairly priced SuperSix - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3222241228

From my own experience, R9150 shifters, derailleurs, wires and a battery weigh a little less than eTap (shifters + derailleurs) but the RED BB30 crank in this case would be over 100gr lighter than DA. Brakeset has a bit in it but I haven’t used OEM brakes in a while opting instead for ee.

Good luck and glad you made it out of that incident alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

ducman

by ducman

Nice Bike! But i'm from Europe Belgium. And i'm going to buy a new one.
Would stil like to know the weight difference between Supersix DA/ Supersix DA disc & CAAD12 DA disc/rim

Why do they make it so difficult to compare... Previous years i remember Canondale having listings of all there bike with price/weight in pdf format.

Maybe the ocho equiped bikes and systemsixes are havier then their aluminium budget bikes... :o

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Assume you’ve seen this? https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... p?t=147970

Anecdotal this may be but I set a PR up a local climb on a gravel bike that weighed 8kg beating the time previously set on my aero bike which is 7kg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

Lewn777

by Lewn777

You get a light bike because you want one. Because you think it's fun to have a bike around the UCI weight limit or less. The reason you set KOMs or PRs on climbs is because you monitor your bodyweight, follow a training plan, turn down that beer in the evening and because you are determined to suffer for a result. Bike weight? Bah, hardly anything to do with it.

ducman

by ducman

Thx, for the info, you're right about that. But still i want a light. Reasable priced bike that's strong enough to handle 20.000km a year and doesn't fall apart on the cobbles. Without sacrificing performance on long climbs.
Still thinking about buying a rim brake version. But the problem for me is, when i'd put on 30mm carbon rims (mostly for looks) then the only option, for me is disc brakes. When i go the rimbrake route, i'd have to stick to my tested alpha 340 or DT 410 rims, just that tad less classy. I know, it's ridiculous.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

20,000km a year? I do that or a little more, my last bike (Fuji SL) lasted about 25,000kms according to Strava. But then again you could weigh less than me (80kg), and not come across a pot hole that's like a crater when you are drafting a truck and not crack your frame just below the seat tube, so luck plays a role. :roll:

I've got a new climbing frameset, but I'm going to spread my riding across my winter CX bike, and an aero bike. But 20,000 kms a year will take its toll on brake pads, rims, chain rings, cassettes, tires, tubes, cables, bearings and chains regardless.

Really If I was riding ONE bike 20,000kms a year, I'd get, Camapag Zondas on a Ti frame with a Shimano 105 or Ultegra groupo or buy a bike like a Specialized Tarmac or Supersix Evo and then quickly save for something else to take the pressure off it. :-) Wheels are nice BUT surely it's better to have a climbing set, medium set and a fast set and switch them around between bikes and conditions, not purely aesthetics?

ducman

by ducman

I have several bikes, Niner BSB, NinerAir9 rdo, Lynskey29, Cdale caad10, Air9 alu. I had an Six13, thats was destroyed. Thats the season im looking for a new bike package. For gran fondos and road riding the classics. Flanders , Ardennes, etc....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com