New Canyon Aeroad rumors

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Cockpit integration might be the only thing. It already had really good tire clearance for its generation. Easily fits 31-32mm measured tires. Everything else would be minor like adding tabs around disc calipers, a deeper seatpost/seattube, etc.

by Weenie

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Bordcla wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:06 am
What's wrong with the current generation? Lighter than most other aero bikes, rides great, and looks awesome! Only seems dated to some because it's been here a while. People would applaud it if it were new... Why change for the sake of changing?
Still tests well and its not like a ton of aero bikes has put in down further on the test results list either.

Plus, let's milk the old moulds for every penny they are worth!

Others say at the end of this year, which I totally agree its about due. 5 years is along time. Sort of reminds me of Tarmac SL frame geometry lifecycle... that was a long stretch with that design and to only just make an internal seat post change and call it "rider first engineering" was boring.

stoney

by stoney

It wouldn't surprise me if Canyon waited until later this summer to release the new Aeroad with MvdP when he races the World Championships.

robeambro

by robeambro

stoney wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:27 am
It wouldn't surprise me if Canyon waited until later this summer to release the new Aeroad with MvdP when he races the World Championships.
They might, but it would be rather stupid. TdF lasts three weeks, is widely followed, and they'd have a lot of team bikes on display. The Worlds would give nowhere near the same media/marketing impact.

Restyle

by Restyle

Tdf would make sense, but they do a yearly big sale then. But by the time of the worlds they can have MVDP winning on the new bike!

Bordcla

by Bordcla

Discodan wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:38 am
If nothing else, they need to add cockpit integration or it will fall by the wayside. People expect this on their gravel bikes these days, on an Aero bike it will be mandatory going forward

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How do people travel with all these integrated cables on bikes now? I'm thankful that my Aeroad has external brake hoses, as I would otherwise have to look for quick-connect fittings to be able to undo them...

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Bordcla wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:11 pm
Discodan wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:38 am
If nothing else, they need to add cockpit integration or it will fall by the wayside. People expect this on their gravel bikes these days, on an Aero bike it will be mandatory going forward

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How do people travel with all these integrated cables on bikes now? I'm thankful that my Aeroad has external brake hoses, as I would otherwise have to look for quick-connect fittings to be able to undo them...
I was wondering the same, could be a PITA with some bikes with completely hidden cables/hoses/wires...

jlok

by jlok

I travelled with Propel Disc by Scicon Aerocomfort 3.0. Yep there's a risk but I did it many times without issue. YMMV.
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Just leave enough slack in the hoses when cutting them down and unclamp your bars/stem as you normally would? The only issue would be if you want to travel with something like an Orucase Ninja which requires complete removal of the fork.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

jlok wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:31 am
I travelled with Propel Disc by Scicon Aerocomfort 3.0. Yep there's a risk but I did it many times without issue. YMMV.
Same. Well, only travelled once with the new disc brake bike so far but no issues. I do take the extra few minutes to remove the rotors though to make it less likely they take a hit and go out of true.

Restyle

by Restyle

Pretty sure it's coming soon, many bikes are getting soldout without adding a date on when they will be coming back!!

<soon>

corky

by corky

TDF sightings?

Stueys

by Stueys

Doubt they will release this summer given they've missed the traditional TDF launch window. Probably lining up for next year, sales on the Aeroroad must be pretty low now given the time it's been on the market

kevinw

by kevinw

Stueys wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:27 pm
....Probably lining up for next year, sales on the Aeroroad must be pretty low now given the time it's been on the market
I'm not so sure, I know a few people have picked one up recently and they have not long released the "cheaper" lower grade carbon model.

Only thing I can really think of improving on it is the cockpit - they don't need to go fully integrated but they could do with doing something with the disc brake cables especially.

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Asked Canyon USA abt the Aeroad-see attachment
Attachments
56779BC8-B0AA-4ED7-9616-7696AB1A0A23.jpeg

by Weenie