New Canyon Aeroad rumors

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Someone dared to not moan and whine so you all attack him! Seriously ? Going to the extent to look up their power on zwift power! Have you not better things to do?

MarshMellow

by MarshMellow

Am I in the right place to request screenname changes?

Thinking - 'Sir Loin of Beef' or, 'Banana-eer Rings'

Ah, maybe just stick w/ what I've got. Thanks!
RimClencher wrote:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 am
That's your own fault for riding with no clothes on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TomS

by TomS

I came to the WW forum a couple weeks ago to hear updates on the Aeroad (no I don't own one, I have one on order and crashed my prev gen Aeroad) and to share the infor that I found on the "new" S-shape patent (in deleted thread). Not to hear you attack each other. Let it be, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion without a need to get personal about it...

If somehow someone feels offended by my post: fine. then I'll go someplace else. I can do without your disputes t.b.h.
happy cycling everyone.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

VDPs performance on this frame at Strada was the stuff mere mortals like me can only dream of !

tjvirden

by tjvirden

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:51 am
The clamped area itself isn’t even oval. The bottom/end of the drops are, preventing a traditional clamp from being pushed over that section.
Okay, thanks for pointing that out. I'll await Canyon's solution with interest.

tjvirden

by tjvirden

rudye9mr wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:46 pm
VDPs performance on this frame at Strada was the stuff mere mortals like me can only dream of !
.....as do 99% of professionals, so you're in good company.

tjvirden

by tjvirden

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:14 pm
Someone dared to not moan and whine so you all attack him! Seriously ? Going to the extent to look up their power on zwift power! Have you not better things to do?
I think it's just fine to challenge contradictory information - if someone posts unusual numbers then why can't they be queried?

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

moonoi wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:38 am
Well 631km so far, swapped the original bora one 50s for a set of Bora WTO 60s setup tubeless and now it rides even better than before.
Bike looks great with those wheels! Those Rapha bottles add a nice splash of color too.

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

tjvirden wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:48 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
The clamped area itself isn’t even oval. The bottom/end of the drops are, preventing a traditional clamp from being pushed over that section.
That's interesting - the Pro Vibe Aero bars also have ovalized drops, with a round clamping area. The oval section has a largest diameter equal to that of a round bar though, so you can just slide the regular clamp over it towards the round clamping area. The oval section is just "narrower" than a round cross section if that makes sense, pretty ideal when you have small hands like me. The Canyon bar drops are larger than a round bar then, so that you can't slide a normal clamp over them?

tomtom

by tomtom

TheDoctor wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:42 pm
tjvirden wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:48 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
That's interesting - the Pro Vibe Aero bars also have ovalized drops, with a round clamping area. The oval section has a largest diameter equal to that of a round bar though, so you can just slide the regular clamp over it towards the round clamping area. The oval section is just "narrower" than a round cross section if that makes sense, pretty ideal when you have small hands like me. The Canyon bar drops are larger than a round bar then, so that you can't slide a normal clamp over them?
Yep the oval aera is larger, I tried to mount a normal Shimano DA clamp but I needed to push it so far out that pushing it in on the clamping aera wasn't possible (I had to use to much force). Canyon's solution seems nice & elegant but is vulnerable (I broke one using a little to much force). It would be nice though if they can explain why they choose this solution (I think to make the bars stronger but that's just a guess). In not one review or by Canyon themselves is the "special" barshape mentioned. So I think there is no real "marketing" reason......
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:29 am
carbonLORD wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:55 pm

450 watt 15 minute efforts.

Did you hit the 4 key by mistake? Your ZwiftPower profile has a manually entered FTP of 330W at a weight of 84.2kg. You are classified as a B category rider and your best efforts in the past 90 days are 5min@373W and 20min@344W. Your best 15s ever in a Zwift event is 961W.
Well, there is Zwift... then there is the real world (Strava). I posted that I did 350-450 watt efforts when I rode my new bike outside, 3 days ago, and I posted the output... Image

My power on ZP is input by Zwift but I know how to do a FTP test... Image

I'm CAT 3 because I dont have enough races or points to upgrade.

Dont hold on to Zwift metrics too hard my man. I know how to ride a bike, and win...

Anything else?
carbonLORD.com

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

C'mon Tobin, Lina... Anything else!?!?

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=736067

366 watts and the highest wattage of every category? What you mean you didn't notice that on Zwift Power when you were attempting to be a smart ass?

I guess you both forgot people ride bikes outside... Enjoy your video game.
carbonLORD.com

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Since this thread has devolved into talk about anything I have a few questions:

1: What should I do about a road bike?
I have a SLX AXS sitting in the garage.
I have a Niner RLT RDO with some Pro One TLE read to go, but a stupid 1x setup so horrible jumps
There are Ultimate SL 8 Disc in my size, but this puts me in a little debt that I would prefer not to be in (and if I buy wheels then even more so)
Any other thoughts on bikes around 3k? (would prefer intergrated, disc, ultegra or up)

2. I want my FTP to be like a CAT 3 Masters
Sitting at roughly 300w at 74kg
Time to start doping?

3. How do I get a 5 gap like I am playing some hockey?

4. Is there a circular connection between whiny Specialized dentists and whiny Aeroad owners who might have to visit said dentists if the bar snaps while descending the Huez? Can't have one without the other. Lets get along.

spartacus

by spartacus

I'm not claiming anything about anyone's wattage I just want to mention if you use the power curve on Strava you can see your max power over any time intetval. For example 15 minutes, just sayin.

Also yes you are literally a dentist if you can't do 4 w/kg for an hour on zwift. I'm about to see my first patient now for a cleaning.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

yourrealdad wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:37 pm
Since this thread has devolved into talk about anything I have a few questions:
I can't answer any of these questions, but I've gathered that there are a lot of anti-dentites across the pond... :mrgreen: A little Seinfeld humor for Friday.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 7.48.03 AM.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com