Problem with Scott Foil

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
michaelkent81

by michaelkent81

Hi,

Grabbed a Scott Foil RC, I can’t get both the seat post and the bung into the hole together? Can anyone help me? Thanks :o

by Weenie

hannawald

by hannawald

it should not be a problem, find some pictures on internet how the bung should be assembled, if you have it correct..unscrew the bolt almost completely so it just holds together. the supposedly black part above is just a cover, this bolt should be tightnened very slightly, something like 1NM..the main bolt is 5NM if i recall correctly but sometimes the seatpost creaks and slips so i have seen people tightening more.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Scott Foil
Shimano 9150
Shimano FCR-9100-P
Shimano C60 tubulars

NS

by NS

Read the manual searched for YouTube videos and I still can’t resolve this. Anyone had any success

JeffK

by JeffK

Do you have a picture of the problem?

NS

by NS

All I can show you is a seatpost and no bung or a bung and no seatpost because It won’t go in more than 1” if the bung is slotted in to the ridges in the top tube

hannawald

by hannawald

Try to picture it as best as you can:)

NS

by NS

Ok so I gave up and took it to my local dealer. They couldn’t fit it either. So we tried another one with my post and frame it worked. We tried my clamp in their bike it didn’t work. Looked at the 2 clamps and mine has way more thickness on the rear portion of the clamp. New clamp being sent by Scott.

by Weenie

JeffK

by JeffK

Glad you got it sorted out! What a pain to have to deal with on a new Frame.