2016 pearl white Allez Sprint build!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

moonoi

by moonoi

They also fall out, even when they appear to be securely attached, as I found out to my cost during a race...lucky I had a second tube in my jersey

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Kayrehn wrote:That's a neat saddle pack there, love the minimalist look. What wheels are those?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Stock axis wheels

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

AJS914 wrote:The tube mounted sideways looks like non-aero, like it catches a lot of wind. And IME, tubes don't last exposed to the elements.
I keep my bike inside so elements wont really hurt it.

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

moonoi wrote:They also fall out, even when they appear to be securely attached, as I found out to my cost during a race...lucky I had a second tube in my jersey

I can guarantee this wont fall out...its pretty secure with 3 different restraints.

jih

by jih

Rear brake cable outer looks very short in that last photo

mattr

by mattr

07stuntin6r wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:04 am
AJS914 wrote:The tube mounted sideways looks like non-aero, like it catches a lot of wind. And IME, tubes don't last exposed to the elements.
I keep my bike inside so elements wont really hurt it.
What about when you ride it? The elements are everywhere.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I can see this turning into a very LOL thread...

As mentioned, rear brake cable is too short, to the point it looks like it would pull the caliper out of alignment upon heavy breaking.

And the exposed tube will get killed by the suns UV and caked in crap.

But don't listen to us, we're all idiots. :thumbup:
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Well I've braked hard and used it for over 100miles not an issue. To each their own...you like it then dont buy it get a rear saddle bag. Myself I like it and didnt want to have a bag on the rear so i opted for this to save weight...which I thought this forum was geared towards which is why I posted.

"We're all idiots" ...from what i've seen just seems like everyone on this forum is opinionated douche bags.

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Lewn777 wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:49 am
Lewn777 wrote:New lightweight parts? What do you think this site is for? Talking about light-weight bikes and parts?
Don't you know this site is for trawling through, finding someone 'wrong' and belittling them? :D
Dont really care either way. Post what im doing and look up things that Interests me.

Sorry was a joke aimed at some of the forum members that have made this site a bit not as good as it once was. Not you. Image
I'm starting to see what you mean. Any other good forums lmk.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

07stuntin6r wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:07 pm
Well I've braked hard and used it for over 100miles not an issue. To each their own...you like it then dont buy it get a rear saddle bag. Myself I like it and didnt want to have a bag on the rear so i opted for this to save weight...which I thought this forum was geared towards which is why I posted.

"We're all idiots" ...from what i've seen just seems like everyone on this forum is opinionated douche bags.

I'll just clean this up for you:

"We're all idiots..." From what I've observed, it just seems like everyone on this forum is an opinionated douche bag.

Enjoy getting a puncture and changing your tube with a grit filled, perished replacement :beerchug:
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Sock3t

by Sock3t

Nice bike. I have a sprint too. I had the same style tube holder. My tube was trashed by the time I tried to use it. Now I just keep it in my jersey, I love the clean look for the bike without anything hanging from the saddle.

You should slam that stem and get the rear brake cable fixed. From the factory they're not cabled very well, I had mine switched when I went to a full dura ace group.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

07stuntin6r wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:05 am
moonoi wrote:They also fall out, even when they appear to be securely attached, as I found out to my cost during a race...lucky I had a second tube in my jersey

I can guarantee this wont fall out...its pretty secure with 3 different restraints.

After my second time losing a tube and tyre levers my bandit went in the bin.

moonoi

by moonoi

glam2deaf wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:

Same here, it's a nice idea, but completely useless. The OP will learn the hard way I guess....

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Sock3t wrote:Nice bike. I have a sprint too. I had the same style tube holder. My tube was trashed by the time I tried to use it. Now I just keep it in my jersey, I love the clean look for the bike without anything hanging from the saddle.

You should slam that stem and get the rear brake cable fixed. From the factory they're not cabled very well, I had mine switched when I went to a full dura ace group.
I had it slammed, but it was too low for me at the moment. The cable was only shorted depm when I switched the brakes out. I'll see of I can pull more thru this weekend.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

glam2deaf wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:

How did it fall out? Cause I can push and pull and it seems pretty secure.