Selle Italia SP-01 CRACKED !!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micky

by micky

BlackMambra wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:34 pm
DJT21 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 pm
Yes, RETUL bike fits usually put the saddle too high.
Ok. Thanks for your tip but for me if this reason could cause a failure like this that is just unaccetable for such a claimed High Performance product.

But thanks again !
Shit happens also to high performance products!
I know it's weird but it does happen!

Jokes aside, now probably Selle Italia is on holiday (as 99% of Italy👎 ) but Im sure they will be back to you in 1-2 weeks time.

BlackMambra

by BlackMambra

My point is that thie desig of this saddle is focused on the flexible wing and the failure was exactly in this structure. As I said this is the 3rd saddle that had the same problem in my region. I just got the feedback from one guy that I know and he bought from a 3rd party that refund him the money. This is not a normal crack like rails or potholes impact. It looks like to me as a desgin issue.

Still no feedback from anybody !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Holiday

by Holiday

I weight 58kg and used the same saddle as you. The only problem I had was the delamination of the leather wrapping only after a 100km. I contacted the seller and had the saddle returned under warranty and the brand new one back to me 2 weeks later. Based in Spore and got it from BikeBug in Australia.
NA

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

DJT21 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 pm
Yes, RETUL bike fits usually put the saddle too high.

I don't find this to be the case at all. Almost all the fit systems are conservative with dynamic angles because it's better to have a saddle too low than too high. If you've experienced differently, it's probably the specific fitter doing things his own way. Retul and other systems are just tools...the fitter is the one making the final decisions.