New bike for 2019 - Ridley Noah Fast 2019 or Colnago Concept?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm pretty much at the end of the road with my Trek Madone 2005 restoration build. I've spent very little to build a 6kg climbing bike which by the end of the month will be 5.8kg with new bars stem on the way. I love it and will always keep it as I spent 40 hrs hand sanding it and in the mountains its awesome. Yet, I am in the market for a second bike which will be very different. I'm looking for an aero bike with deep section wheels and electronic groupo. Finally I have seen 2 aero bikes which I like the look of:

1) Ridley Noah Fast 2019
2) Colnago Concept

Either would be built up with Chorus EPS and Bora WTO wheels. Ridley pricing isn't confirmed but I guess would be around 1k cheaper for a frameset and I guess will come with the sharp new bars. I also like Ridley's customizer programme which I assume will apply to the Noah Fast.

Have I convinced myself? Not quite as the Colnago marque is seductive and I like the black/gold art decor. However, with Deda Alanera bars (new model) it is likely to be around £1.6k more.

Advice needed!

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

Previous gen Noah's with their ISP's have been known to be very stiff and harsh from a comfort standpoint. Most of the marketing surrounding all of the newer aero bike releases seen this year seem to be making the point that the newer bikes are much more compliant and comfortable than prior gens (i.e. Venge, Madone, Systemsix, BMC Timemachine). I don't know what Ridley has done to address the issue this time around, but hopefully they too have made some progress in that area because they had a lot of ground to make up (although it's always been a great bike otherwise). Just my 2 cents as a prior gen Noah owner.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

The ridley looks better. The colnago looks like your grandpa trying to be "cool" by wearing an ed hardy t shirt.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SchallUndRauch

by SchallUndRauch

ScottinFL wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm
Previous gen Noah's with their ISP's have been known to be very stiff and harsh from a comfort standpoint.
Not the new one, see the Tour Aero test thread.

As to the decision: The geometries both check out for you?

Seedster

by Seedster

The new Ridley looks great and hides the cables better. The concept has never appealed to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

NiFTY wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 pm
The colnago looks like your grandpa trying to be "cool" by wearing an ed hardy t shirt.
Damn, NiFTY, you hit the nail on the head!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

peted76

by peted76

I do like the look of the Ridleys this year..

Broady

by Broady

New Ridley looks great.

Philbar72

by Philbar72

NiFTY wrote:
The ridley looks better. The colnago looks like your grandpa trying to be "cool" by wearing an ed hardy t shirt.
according to an older edition of tour Magazine it is also not actually that aero. actually that was for both bikes. there are better bikes on sale. having said that the new colour schemes for the concept, mean it does look nice now.

if it were me i wouldn't go with either.

rlanger

by rlanger

Why do you want an aero bike? Are you racing or just like the look of aero bikes?

If it's just for the looks (and maybe the very little extra speed you might gain for the aerodynamics), I would personally go for the Ridley. I'm not a big fan of aero bike styling - don't love the drop stays and many of the tube shapes - but I think the Ridley just looks better. I love Colnago, but I don't find the Concept to be visually appealing at all.

If I were to buy a new bike, and wanted some aero gains, I'd be looking at either the Colnago V2-r or the new Look 795 Blade RS. The V2-r looks like a great, light weight all-round bike, with some aero design cues. The Look is more to the aero end and is heavier too, but I think it also looks great.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Do they do a 0 offset post for the Noah?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

TimF

by TimF

NiFTY wrote:
The Colnago is like a timeless vintage Rolex, your bike is like a Casio with 4 alarms :D :lol:

wfcarrot

by wfcarrot

Colnago is more popular than Ridleys in this forum, which means it may have a better resale price...
2018 Sworks Tarmac SL6 - 7.2kg
2017 Colnago C60 - 6.29kg

Stendhal

by Stendhal

My 2012 model Fast (with the split fork and the ISP) was just about my favorite bike ever even though it looked like c-r-a-p (bought used frame on eBay with known cosmetic blotches). It was snappy at 16.75 lbs, just plain fun. Unfortunately the fork was sheered off completely in a crash with a car :oops:
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com