New Bikes are In Hand - Where are the real word reviews?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

It seems on IG that plenty of 2019 Madone SLR's have been delivered now, and it appears that Venges, and even SystemSix's are in the hands of some lucky folks. Curious to hear their real world thoughts about the bikes and not just the same marketing pitch that was disseminated through every one of the main blog/news sites.

So, how do they ride? Real world weights? Improved from prior gens?

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Didn’t think the Venge was out until November. At least thats what my local Spesh dealer is saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

BMC Timemachine due to drop in Sept... so not in hands really either.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Have you seen anyone on a new bike saying they're disappointed and actually don't like the bike?
Perhaps...., but even so, it's so unusual it hardly happens.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

liam7020

by liam7020

Yep, me! I had a Pinarello F8 in 2016 - I detested that bike from the first pedal stroke and was quite happy to tell anybody who would listen!!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

dcorn

by dcorn

Go look in the individual threads for those bikes. I'm pretty sure a couple people are already riding their new Venges and have given reviews.

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

liam7020 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:11 pm
Yep, me! I had a Pinarello F8 in 2016 - I detested that bike from the first pedal stroke and was quite happy to tell anybody who would listen!!
I bet you didn’t say that to the guy you sold it to! Just kidding :D

Interesting Liam I have the same model s works tarmac as you. But recently I’ve been looking at the f8 which is being discounted quite heavily and thinking about trading it in. What was it you hated about the f8?

liam7020

by liam7020

Hi Tommy, personally speaking I found it an extremely harsh ride which left me completely beat up. I tried different wheels and several different tyres but all to no avail. It was a super looking bike but felt like you were riding a razor blade and in the end I hated it with such a vegence that I couldn't get rid of it quick enough! I was running a Tarmac SL5 at the same time as the F8 and found it far superior in most respects. Each to his own but I wouldn't be trading my Tarmac for a F8 any day of the week!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Thanks Liam

Yeah definitely different strokes for different folks! But I have heard a few times that the f8 is quite unforgiving. It’s funny really I’ve had my tarmac since 2015 and always liked it but never loved it. I’ve always found it a little jittery but I think that’s partly a fit issue. There’s lots I like about it too to be fair. It’s super stiff and I’ve had lots of fun on it. I recently got a c64 so I’ve been riding that the last few months. The last couple of weeks I’ve been taking the tamac out for short blasts but it’s highlighted how uncomfrtoable it is in comparison and maybe I was compromising too much in the past. It’s funny how different people can have different experiences on the same frame.

Sorry for the thread derail...