Anyone with an S Works SL6 frame has this thing on theirs?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Lay it on its side. Take a toothpick and apply a tiny drop of clearcoat on the “hole”. If you have to wait 3 seconds as it freefalls to the bottom with a loud “thud”, it’s possible you may have to add another teensy drop.
Last edited by Calnago on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

miltmaster3 wrote:
PrinceEdward wrote:Specialized is made by Merida

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Pixel 發送
And made in Taiwan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Typical Taiwan made” - is a negative thing from your perspective? Taiwanese are pioneers in this industry. They established as global manufacturing hub since 1970’s.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

mpulsiv wrote:
miltmaster3 wrote:

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Pixel 發送
And made in Taiwan

“Typical Taiwan made” - is a negative thing from your perspective? Taiwanese are pioneers in this industry. They established as global manufacturing hub since 1970’s.
For me only made in USA or Europe I leave to you the pioneer of bad quality control

πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

miltmaster3 wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:
miltmaster3 wrote:

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Pixel 發送
And made in Taiwan

For me only made in USA or Europe I leave to you the pioneer of bad quality control

Some photos from a new out of the box spec
ImageImageImage

πατα τραβα ρε

flowerbomber

by flowerbomber

miltmaster3 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:20 pm
miltmaster3 wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:
miltmaster3 wrote: And made in Taiwan

Some photos from a new out of the box spec
ImageImageImage

Oh my days, you've got it so much worse compared to me :(

flowerbomber

by flowerbomber

Calnago wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:13 pm
Lay it on its side. Take a toothpick and apply a tiny drop of clearcoat on the “hole”. If you have to wait 3 seconds as it freefalls to the bottom with a loud “thud”, it’s possible you may have to add another teensy drop.
Thanks for the tip!

spartan

by spartan

i have owned made in the usa/ made in china/made in taiwas. highest quality finish frames i have owned are top of the line giants. perfect. best warranty to back it up.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

kgt

by kgt

Giant is an exception maybe because they make their top frames in house. When talking about bike frames mass outsourcing in China or Taiwan equals lower quality. That's a simple fact.

flowerbomber

by flowerbomber

kgt wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:56 am
Giant is an exception maybe because they make their top frames in house. When talking about bike frames mass outsourcing in China or Taiwan equals lower quality. That's a simple fact.
Any ideas on the quality of Time frames?

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

kgt wrote:Giant is an exception maybe because they make their top frames in house. When talking about bike frames mass outsourcing in China or Taiwan equals lower quality. That's a simple fact.
Our shop has had a few of the new propel discs come through among other models. Most have been flawless but there was one propel that had streaks beneath the clear that were not deep enough to feel but you could see them. Customer didn’t care so it worked out.

Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

mpulsiv wrote:“Typical Taiwan made” - is a negative thing from your perspective? Taiwanese are pioneers in this industry. They established as global manufacturing hub since 1970’s.
miltmaster3 wrote:For me only made in USA or Europe I leave to you the pioneer of bad quality control
If you think that Tawainese exhibit bad quality control, lets not even talk about Chinese quality.
When it comes to production, USA and Europe are quite limited. When you refer to Europe, what countries specialize in production besides Italy?
USA and U.K are mostly focused on steel frames.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

kgt

by kgt

mpulsiv wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:57 am
When it comes to production, USA and Europe are quite limited. When you refer to Europe, what countries specialize in production besides Italy?
USA and U.K are mostly focused on steel frames.
You can find at least a small manufacturer in almost every European country, from France (TIME and others), Luxemburg (Rolo) and Germany (AX and others) to Slovenija (Berk), Czech Republic (Festka) and Greece (Gram, Fidusa).