Long Legged looking for a light frameset !

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ZeBen84

by ZeBen84

Hey guys,

I currently have a 2018 Specialized Diverge E5 Sport, was pretty good to start the sport (even tho it was no the best bargain to begin with) but i now have 9000 kms since september and i'm looking at a better frame dedicated to raod and spec for climbing.

So as wrote in the title, i'm a really long legged person for my height (178cm/5′ 10 height, 88cm/34.6" inseam), yeah i look like an alien :mrgreen:

I'm looking for a good light frameset (chinese/alloy/steel/carbon/w.e.) with a not too low stack and not too long reach, which is pretty damn hard to find or i'm just not looking at the right place, idk...

I'm looking for something not to expensive (max 1500€/1700$).

Thanks in advance from those of you who dare looking into my case !

PS : Excuse my english skills, not a native speaker.

EDIT : forgot to add that i'm not very flexible due to my short torso and shit pelvis area.
Last edited by ZeBen84 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I have the same problem as you, but not as extreme.

I have found a compromise in riding sligtly smaller frames with the seat set up a bit higher.

You can do the same but you better get used to the idea of having a couple of spacers under the stem.

Look at the geometry and compare head tube length and frame size. Pick a light frame that doesn't have a very short head tube for their size 48-50.

Something like an emonda h2 geometry might fit well.

ZeBen84

by ZeBen84

Yeah that's what i am looking at, the new émonda alr.

Might wait for the frameset with direct mount brakes.

When you speak about "couple of spacers" as long as it's not +50mm it looks okayish, forgot to add that i'm not very flexible due to my short torso and shit pelvis area.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

You may want to look at something like a Domane, Synapse or Roubaix. They tend to have taller headtubes, which will help you deal with your long-leg, short-torso issue.

Yes, those options will have longer wheelbases, making them less crit friendly, but they are still great bikes and can still be really light.

ZeBen84

by ZeBen84

I have also my eyes on a WorksWell WCB-R-093 wich has the same stack and reach than the Diverge, just 7mm less stack (https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/work ... e-2018-54/).