Quick Power2Max/SiSL question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Really simple question to ask, and this is probably the best place to get answers.

I've ordered a Power2Max Type S to fit to my existing SiSL cranks. Is the add-on lockring tool from Power2Max suitable for removing my existing lockring?

Put another way: Do Power2Max include some special, different lockring that works with their tool, such that I need a different tool to remove my existing lockring/spider?

TIA.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cro2

by cro2

AFAIK they do not include any lockring if you don't order cranks from them. By default they don't even include the lockring tool, you have to order it separately.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Yeah, I ordered the tool. If they don't include a lockring, that would heavily imply that one uses the existing lockring, and thus the tool is compatible with that.

I'm just a little thrown that the tool is listed as for "Cannondale/FSA/Specialized", having assumed these things were all proprietary.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Had a Type S Cannondale years ago but sold bike to a friend... just reuse the lockring you take off your existing crankset... I just used the existing lockring tool I had from Cannondale.. there was nothing special about it..

cro2

by cro2

MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 pm
I'm just a little thrown that the tool is listed as for "Cannondale/FSA/Specialized", having assumed these things were all proprietary.
Proprietary does not mean that they are not similar enough for a single tool to be compatible with all of them.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

You're no doubt correct there, but the industry sometimes send to go out of it's way to create mutual incompatibility.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

They all use the same tool interface and from memory are all the same basic lockring taken from the lightning era crank.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

are

by are

I installed an NG on a SISL ... Confirming what others have said, same lockring and standard tool. I did not buy the tool from P2M, just the local bike shop.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Thanks, chaps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com