Schwalbe Pro One tubeless alternatives??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

refthimos

by refthimos

Hmmm, I’m notorious for giving up and bringing my tubeless tires to my mechanic to get sealed, but I’ve put the GP 5000 TLs on CLX 50s, Bontrager Aeolus 50s, and HED H3+ wheels all super easily. I think the slightly larger than typical bead diameter makes them so easy to get on and off and is also the reason they can’t be used with hookless rims.

No sidewall issues for me, so far at least. Sorry to hear about yours.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

warp

by warp

refthimos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:47 pm

It's hard not to look at the 5000 TL and call it a total home run.

Encouraging.

I must admit that after moving onto tubeless, I have missed a tubeless anything from Continental. I really liked the GP4K's even though one of them died on me from a sidewall rip.

I've ran tubeless for the last few years on Bontrager R3's which were a good tyre and Hutchinson Sector 28. This last one is largely my favorite of the two. They grip nicely, they are really compliant and have good volume. My new bike came with Giant Gavia AC1's in 28mm and for starters are harder, heavier and stiffer than the Sectors... and they come up only to ~27mm.

I'd like to know how the 5000TL fare against the Sector as I intend on dumping the Gavias for something lighter, grippier and more supple.

kevinw

by kevinw

dim wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
one thing I have noticed though is that from time to time some of the tread comes off (hard to explain, but you get a loose thread on the side (thinner than a hair strand) .... I just clip it off (I've had this on both the front and rear tyre)
I've had this on one of my GP5K TLs too.... slightly disconcerting.

Enjoying them though :D

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

kevinw wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:42 pm
dim wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:58 pm
one thing I have noticed though is that from time to time some of the tread comes off (hard to explain, but you get a loose thread on the side (thinner than a hair strand) .... I just clip it off (I've had this on both the front and rear tyre)
I've had this on one of my GP5K TLs too.... slightly disconcerting.

Enjoying them though :D

Same, a long black strand running parallel just above the bead in my case.

Lugan

by Lugan

WinterRider wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:47 pm
Schwalbe G-One Speed Tubeless Road Tire 700 x 30 Folding Bead... anyone w any experience w this rubber?
I rode these on my rain bike all last winter in the Seattle area for 1,000+ miles and they were fantastic. No punctures, and nearly no cuts. They ride plushly for grinding out long base miles. Very nice!