Pinarello F10 X-Light actual weight in its finished state?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

survivor

by survivor

LionelB wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:39 pm
I am referecing this thread I started on vSalon on my disapointment when I switched from F8 to F10: https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f ... 50213.html

Page 6 where Jerk pitches in can have some interesting info on the differences between the manufacturing process of the F10 and F10 XLight. In other words there could be more than just weight savings between the two. Speculations.
This is very interesting information. Thank you for sharing!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

survivor wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:02 pm
You're welcome, when it comes to Pinarello it is sometimes difficult to get a data driven discussion going :)

Meccanica

by Meccanica

I have owned both and obviously rode both. Much of this may come down to rider weight and style. I honestly can not feel a difference between the F10 and the F10 X-Light, no additional flex or noodle(y) feeling under hard acceleration or cornering.

Here is my F10 Xlight build https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=149565

I have made some changes since that post, but it's still a hefty 6.94kg due to the deep wheel set and my focus on Aero components. I have owned a lot of bikes, and can afford to buy nice things, my honest opinion, this is the best all around road bike I have ever owned/rode. Forget the haters, it's amazing. Lot's of pictures of her on insta: @esp_meccanica

survivor

by survivor

LionelB wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:19 pm
survivor wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:02 pm
You're welcome, when it comes to Pinarello it is sometimes difficult to get a data driven discussion going :)
There is only one question I have about Jerk's pitches. If Pinarello simply using the higher modulas lighter carbon with the F10 but is saving the fancy build process stuff for the F10 X-Light, which the later is speculated to be similar with F8 build process of under tension and the carbon is pulled taut, then what process is the prevous F8 X-Light underwent? :?:

survivor

by survivor

Meccanica wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:43 pm
I have owned both and obviously rode both. Much of this may come down to rider weight and style. I honestly can not feel a difference between the F10 and the F10 X-Light, no additional flex or noodle(y) feeling under hard acceleration or cornering.

Here is my F10 Xlight build https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=149565

I have made some changes since that post, but it's still a hefty 6.94kg due to the deep wheel set and my focus on Aero components. I have owned a lot of bikes, and can afford to buy nice things, my honest opinion, this is the best all around road bike I have ever owned/rode. Forget the haters, it's amazing. Lot's of pictures of her on insta: @esp_meccanica
Thanks for your inputs. As the owner of both F10 and F10XL your feedback carries a lot of weight! :D Nice build btw! :thumbup:
I wonder what further improvements or changes will Pinarello make to the next Fxx dogma? It should be at the horizon for release soon.

Meccanica

by Meccanica

survivor wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:25 pm
Meccanica wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Thanks for your inputs. As the owner of both F10 and F10XL your feedback carries a lot of weight! :D Nice build btw! :thumbup:
I wonder what further improvements or changes will Pinarello make to the next Fxx dogma? It should be at the horizon for release soon.
My hope is they stick with Team Sky's marginal gains philosophy. I love the F10 and Sky just put two riders on the podium in the TdF on F10's, I have a feeling Sky will continue to request Pinarello to make very minor tweaks to the platform. Personally I have been thinking about going with a slightly shallower wheel to save some weight, but I love how she rides and I don't want to upset the apple cart too much myself!! :mrgreen:

srshaw

by srshaw

chorus88 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:42 am
romanmoser wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:41 pm
TCR Advanced
is slooping thus less material
( only a few sizes , compared to the 12 sizes offered by pinarello )
pressfit bottom bracket

Shitty aero performances compared to the allrounder F10

Anything else to add ?

Weight isn't everything
Like aero isn't everything
If the TCR Advanced SL was "shitty", Dumoulin wouldn't ride it...capiche :smartass:
But then Thomas was on the Pinarello and won the Tdf, beating Dumoulin on the Giant. Does this mean the Pinarello is better after all?

LionelB

by LionelB

survivor wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:22 pm

There is only one question I have about Jerk's pitches. If Pinarello simply using the higher modulas lighter carbon with the F10 but is saving the fancy build process stuff for the F10 X-Light, which the later is speculated to be similar with F8 build process of under tension and the carbon is pulled taut, then what process is the prevous F8 X-Light underwent? :?:
Don't know I asked myself the same question.