Colnago C64 v V2R?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Calnago wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:10 pm
The Le Col.... you mean this...
Uh... take away the god awful crank and rest of the group and you’re left with... kind of some blue ugliness. And that new font... so far I cannot abide. Love the C64 frame however. If I were to be getting a new bike today, there’s no question in my mind the C64 would be it.
Stunning, except for those wheels.
2018 Bianchi Oltre XR4, (Celeste Matt)
2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina (Blu)
2019 Trek Madone SLR (Rage Red)
2019 Giant TCR Advanced SL (Chameleon Blue)
2016 Specialized Allez DSW Sprint (Gold)

Calnago

by Calnago

I wonder what’s up with the “Le Col” name on it. Is it a special “light weight” edition or something? Kind of like the “Extreme - C” was.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Calnago wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:16 pm
I wonder what’s up with the “Le Col” name on it. Is it a special “light weight” edition or something? Kind of like the “Extreme - C” was.
No- its due to a colnago owners club or whatever day out, and a tie in with Yanto Barkers Le Col clothing line.
Official cafe stop tester

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Le Col is a clothing manufacturer set up by British ex-pro Yanto Barker. They sponsor Team Wiggins among others and as a long term Colnago advocate Yanto organises the annual owners' event in the UK.

Vision and FSA are part of UK Colnago importer Windwave's portfolio, hence the wheels and chainset.

Edit - apologies jekyll man, I missed your post.

Calnago

by Calnago

Thanks, now that you say that, I do remember someone posting some stuff about the onwers event in the UK. Thanks for the info.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mag

by mag

More photos of that Le Col variant were posted here: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 5#p1423225
KotP wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:26 am
As seen at the Colnago Owners Day, Gloucestershire UK, over the weekend:

Some sort of collaboration with Le Col. Matte blue tubes and seat post, gloss dark blue lugs.

Hideous pairing with the wrong shade of bar tape and those FSA rings.... :shock:

I'm not obsessed with different C64 paint schemes but I keep waiting for one to appear that would cause me to go out and pay full retail. As it is I like PKWH best, but if I'm spending that sort of money on a frame set I'd want it to be exactly what I want.
And I'm into almost all shades of blue so kinda like that one, though the Art Decor blue still wins hands down. Only if it would come in glossy finish...

KotP

by KotP

Urgh, I got a notification because I was quoted to be reminded of this ugly thing.

To keep the theme going, someone at windwave is not great at their job:

A matte black and red V2-R and 12-speed Campagnolo, of course, bright orange bar tape!

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

the blue looks much deeper in the flesh. yes, i do agree...the FSA stuff is abit of turn off. but like other said, it's the UK importer's decision. My friend's V1r came with FSA handlebar as well....first thing had to go.

ODC

by ODC

Do the paint job without LE COL and I would like it.

micky

by micky

Can't comment on C64 and V2r but I have now a C60 and owned a C59 for a while.
C59 was rather soft at the BB when sprinting hard on it, while C60 is much more "solid" and you really can feel the difference.
As on the C64 the the whole seat tube is in 1 piece, I would guess it will improve the feed back even more.

As mentioned from others, if it has to be a Colnago I would go for the C64 between the 2.