Stem/ Dropbar with integrated routing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bedampft

by bedampft

If've got a Giant Propel Disc, and I'm sick of that bloody compact dropbar. That thing is just to shallow and to short. So I'm looking for a stem/bar combo that has internal routing, which puts the wires down into the toptube behind the headset. Is there any such product?

The bike is awesome, but that dropbar drives me nuts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MediumSizedMonster

by MediumSizedMonster

I just set up a new Allez Sprint with the Pro Vibe Aero Cockpit/stem.

Really like the bars ergonomically and they are very stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MediumSizedMonster

by MediumSizedMonster

MediumSizedMonster wrote:I just set up a new Allez Sprint with the Pro Vibe Aero Cockpit/stem.

Really like the bars ergonomically and they are very stiff.

Not sure if it completely accomplishes what your looking for but it’s got internal cabling and the stem has a couple interesting ports underneath that I don’t use.

dorin

by dorin

Look at BMC ICS stem with Vision METRON 4D flat, that’s what I’ll be using on the new bike and I have full integrated cabling.

cajer

by cajer

dorin wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:30 am
Look at BMC ICS stem with Vision METRON 4D flat, that’s what I’ll be using on the new bike and I have full integrated cabling.
Will the BMC ICS stem work with other bars or work on bikes without fully integated cable routing? I have an old Cervelo S5 that I want to put an integrated bar stem on.

dorin

by dorin

cajer wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 am
dorin wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:30 am
Will the BMC ICS stem work with other bars or work on bikes without fully integated cable routing? I have an old Cervelo S5 that I want to put an integrated bar stem on.
No idea, for me it allows the cables to go inside towards the fork tube

fasdflkjweorinjs

by fasdflkjweorinjs

I'm really encouraged by the new FSA ACR stem, headset and bar system but it seems to require special bearings. Would love to hear about all your experiences with it when it comes out.

dricked

by dricked

I’d like to switch to the Fsa acr setup but from what I’ve found the claimed weight is quite a lot. I’d like to have no cables showing but not sure the extra ~250g is worth it.

warp

by warp

Look at this thread...

viewtopic.php?p=1483787#p1483787

I made a very similar question yesterday and have very similar requirements (I can live the the short drop and reach, though).
The particularity of our bikes (I have a Defy) is that the routing is taken over and to the rear of the stem. Yes, it's a feature I do not love but even the wires/lines exposed without the cover for the stem look very clean if you don't want to cut the steerer.

I think the BMC system requires the BMC fork which is squared off at the steerer and not round. The Pro brand stem I think it requires to drill the steerer or something like that.

I seem to recall Canyon has noather integrated solution, but can't remember how it deals with the cabling. I bet is different from Giant.

My point is that you have to read carefully how each integrated system works.

You can use the stem from the Defy and pair it with any other bar that fits your requirement. I have only found the Pro Aero Vibe and Prime Primavera. Additionally to full Di2 compatibility, you need a bar with a hole in the back of the round section of the handlebar to feed the Di2 cables into the stem.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Another vote for the Pro Vibe Aero. Works great on my Cento10 Air. Favorite aero bars to date!

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Although this bend looks quite tight these chinese bars might be able to do what you want.

Considering that the housing will have to come out under the stem and make a bend on either side of the stem for whatever bar you choose it doesn't really matter that the cables exit before the stem or after.

Because they enter the frame on the top tube you can't avoid this little curve there. As long as they are close to the stem I think it looks pretty neat.
Attachments
1556775597303.jpg
1556775597303.jpg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 2864 times

cajer

by cajer

Do you have a link to that bar?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz