Shortest tube wire

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Robbyville

by Robbyville

As title says, what is the shortest stubs wire offered these days and has anyone cut and soldered to spec? I have the wireless unit but a steel frame so will need to mount from bar to junction A I think.

Thanks as always!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcorn

by dcorn

Go on Shimano's website and look, I believe the part number includes the length in mm. I just bought some short ones that only went from my shifters to the center of the handlebar.

Robbyville

by Robbyville

duh on my part, thanks!

Delorre

by Delorre

Robbyville wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:37 am
As title says, what is the shortest stubs wire offered these days and has anyone cut and soldered to spec? I have the wireless unit but a steel frame so will need to mount from bar to junction A I think.

Thanks as always!
I've cut and soldered di2 wires to spec twice, not later then yesterday for the 2th time. I needed a connector to plug 2 wires together, but none of the lbs nearby had one, so I cut of both connectors, cut the wires to lenght and soldered them back together. The outher insulation is no problem to strip, just take your time to make sure not to damage the 2 very thin, insulated wires inside. And so begins the funny part. Those 2 wires are very thin, and stripping them is a PITA. So yesterday, took a lighter and it took me maybe 1 min to strip the 4 ends 8) . Soldering is not a problem, make sure to have 2 sizes of heat shrink!

Robbyville

by Robbyville

Thanks! I may give that a try! Done a fair bit of wiring on my Harley. These seem much thinner to strain my aging eyes but might be fun.