Meld 3D Saddle Review - BUYER BEWARE

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
DeeHubbs

by DeeHubbs

antonioiglesius wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:52 am
I was curious about what triggered the autopsy process so I asked about it.

This is the photo Smithjeb sent them, according to him (him being Smithjeb, in a what was assumed a private conversation between Meld and Smithjeb) the saddle is still mounted on his bike
So more than a photo was shared.

meld

by meld

@Nefarious

I would agree we need to work on that, always. Over the past few years we have found that one of the most important contributing factors to a great experience is the alignment of user expectations to the service we provide. For instance, there are folks who thought that their saddle asymmetry issue will automatically be resolved when they use our saddle. They see asymmetry in their saddle pressure map, and assume that the solution is at the saddle itself, which is (usually) not the case. When they subsequently find out that the saddle doesn't work, they get mad immediately. And we understand why. Now, we insist that everyone who thinks they need an asymmetric saddle to contact us before they place an order. We spend time walking them through the different causes of asymmetry, sometimes too strongly asking them to get diagnosed by properly trained medical professionals, and letting them know our saddle isn't always the right solution. This way, both sides know exactly what we're getting into, before an order is placed. There are no surprises.

And we definitely need to work on our verbal/written communication as well. I know I sound terse and sharp late in the day. Some of us have the urge to provide a fast response to a user even at a late hour, at the expense of not thinking twice about how the response might be interpreted in a different way. The reason behind this thread is due to that, and we need to figure out how to change how and what we say.
Last edited by meld on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

meld

by meld

DeeHubbs wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:25 am
antonioiglesius wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:52 am
I was curious about what triggered the autopsy process so I asked about it.

This is the photo Smithjeb sent them, according to him (him being Smithjeb, in a what was assumed a private conversation between Meld and Smithjeb) the saddle is still mounted on his bike
So more than a photo was shared.
No. I can't quote exactly what we said to Antonio, I think, so hopefully paraphrasing is ok: we said something along the lines of "This is the photo the user sent to us, and according to him the saddle is still mounted on his bike". Antonio paraphrased it the way he did.

Ethan

C36

by C36

Are we being serious here? I appreciate the feeling of “community” but aren’t we overreacting here on sharing a picture? We are debating on a failure (regardless the cause) and that’s not the first time we have pictures shared. We can debate if it has been done “properly” but at the end Meld would have shared the picture and nobody would have shout and jump around.

Can’t we focus on how Meld manages this problem and don’t turn this into a “trip advisor bitching session”?

I do have brands who eventually shared client feedback contents with me (no private details) and I don’t see the problem, either to facilitate explanations or for technical feedback.

mrgray

by mrgray

one of the weirdest threads on this site ever.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

mrgray wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:27 am
Right on the money...

Real buisiness don't have time and or is enough stupid to pass stuff to a 3rd party, let alone another customer...

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Heavyhitter wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:24 am
mrgray wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:27 am
Right on the money...

Real buisiness don't have time and or is enough stupid to pass stuff to a 3rd party, let alone another customer...
Possibly.. mistakes were made. Communications errors.. after reading the threads sounds like the guy is learning.. give him credit for that. Learning to run a small business is a challenge.. can anyone relate to that?

One should consider.. the agenda of those running in to 'wet the bush'... :roll:
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 2 yrs from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

chriswoods918

by chriswoods918

Just went through the start of the process with these guys. The sour reviews are accurate. Slow to receive the mold kit. I wrote a note on the mold box “please call me to discuss options” and my phone number so as to dial in what I was looking for and get exactly what I wanted. I mean, these are custom saddles, right? Sent it in… No phone call. I bumbled through the clickers on the dashboard and submitted the request. I followed up with an email – please confirm that I did in fact select tall carbon rails (as that is somehow chosen on a different dashboard screen). The email I got back said “We reviewed all communications from you. It seems that the services we provide aren’t a good fit for you, and we don’t think we should continue with the process. We have provided a full refund, thank you for your interest in our saddles.”

I have received no such refund.

I ordered a custom saddle and wanted to discuss specifics – literally got told that we’re unwilling to provide customer service and help you out – here’s not your money back.

Unbelievable.

DO NOT TRUST

meld

by meld

chriswoods918 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 pm
I have received no such refund.
Hello, we emailed you about the cancellation of your order this morning. The refund was also initiated this morning via Amazon Pay. It may take a while for Amazon to finalize the chargeback. Thank you.

P.S. We do not provide round-the-clock 24h 7days a week service.

MarcFaFo

by MarcFaFo

What a mess this Meld is melting into

meld

by meld

Ok here's the timeline of events:

We received an email from chriswoods918 on Thanksgiving morning. In it we were asked why USPS had not yet delivered the imprint kit as they (USPS) had indicated. He also asked why wasn't the kit sent on a more direct route to his location.

We were not available on Thanksgiving morning to respond. When USPS ships, it is on a best effort basis. Due to the holiday season, there may be more delays as the volume of packages increase. We also do not control how USPS routes its packages.

The kit was delivered the next day by USPS.

We received, scanned and uploaded his imprint on the next Friday evening. This is after work hours. The design was finalized and submitted by him that same evening, about an hour and a half later. This indicates to us that he had no issues with the options. If he had, don't submit the design, send an email.

As we mentioned before, there are limits to the services we can provide at this time. We do not provide round-the-clock service. We are not able to respond on Thanksgiving. While we emphatize with late package delivery, we cannot control how long USPS takes or the route they pick. Our refund process goes through Amazon/Paypal and we have no control over how long they take. While we do consider feedback, we cannot act on all of them. If we feel that the service we provide isn't a good match for a user for whatever reason, we will stop the process and provide a refund.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I am so dissappointed that I was away in Europe when this thread first appeared. Missed the action damn. This is wierd and hilarious.

Despite the extraordinary business incompetence of these Meld clowns, the best part is the "it doesn't work because you must be sitting on your perineum" bit. I mean WTF?

Perineum? Hell ya, and glutes, ischium, sitbones, asshole etc. It's an effing saddle. You move around - it should all be good, no? You mean to tell me if my taint touches the saddle - no soup for you?

If anybody buys from these guys they pretty much deserve what they get.

And what a lame ass schill this antonionionio guy is. Like no one would notice. Sheesh.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

meld

by meld

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 am
Perineum? Hell ya, and glutes, ischium, sitbones, asshole etc. It's an effing saddle. You move around - it should all be good, no? You mean to tell me if my taint touches the saddle - no soup for you?
Our saddles are designed around a key position: upright with weight borne by sitbones. From this it should be fine to move around, including rotating the hips forward so that the rami bears weight, as well as sitting a bit further back on glutes etc. So far this has worked well for about 98% of our users. For the remaining 2%, it looks like they tend to sit upright on their perineum on the saddle nose. We have anecdotes from users who had negative effects after adopting this position for decades, so we do not support it.

Edit to add: of the 2% of users who sit upright on the saddle nose on their perineum, most if not all (?) believe that they're sitting on their sitbones when they are not. I.e. they aren't sure where their sitbones actually are.

F45

by F45

These meld people baffle me. They have the personality of the autistic engineers who should be separated from customers by a heavy metal door and alarm system, but they exhibit zero engineering sense. Very suspicious.

meld

by meld

You might have a point about separation from customers! But would you mind elaborating on the engineering part?

by Weenie