Meld 3D Saddle Review - BUYER BEWARE

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I think it is really bizarre and unsettling how you are posting "on behalf" of a company. Doesn't seem legit.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

morganb

by morganb

wheelbuilder wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:38 pm
I think it is really bizarre and unsettling how you are posting "on behalf" of a company. Doesn't seem legit.
Yeah, this is the kind of suspicious behavior that would make me never buy something from a company that I would otherwise consider.

dvq

by dvq

antonioiglesius wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:53 am
It's not the first, nor the last time I interfered with any companies' process. I did it for Bare Composites, and I kind of want to do it for Lekki8. I was thinking of doing reviews for the Raptor glasses, but apparently there's no interest in that here. In this case I just think someone needs to figure out the truth, because I've been there, I know how things can be like. I don't want something which I think is cool to go away because of stupid reasons.

I did not post any emails. The only thing from the customer is the first photo. I can remove that if there is general objection. I don't think Meld's response includes anything from the customer. Again I can remove parts if there is general objection.

I know people love a good lynching as long as they are not the victim. Most people will simply stand by and watch. I'm not one of those guys.
This is creepy.

meld

by meld

Hi, I'm Ethan, the owner of Meld. I apologize for the issues we have caused, and thank everyone for your input.

I will make sure that, from now on, all correspondence from Meld on WW comes from this account, only. We regularly talk to our users, including Antonio, about saddle design matters. I will make sure we let them know about the concerns raised by the community, and also that correspondence from Meld to the public should only come from us.

We regularly revisit our policies and make changes when necessary. We will be looking into changing the impact-damage related clause of our replacement policy.

I am reachable at ethan.ee (at) meld3d.com. Please contact me about any concerns you have, any time, and I will respond as fast as I can.

Thank you.

DeeHubbs

by DeeHubbs

meld wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:14 pm
Hi, I'm Ethan, the owner of Meld. I apologize for the issues we have caused, and thank everyone for your input.

I will make sure that, from now on, all correspondence from Meld on WW comes from this account, only. We regularly talk to our users, including Antonio, about saddle design matters. I will make sure we let them know about the concerns raised by the community, and also that correspondence from Meld to the public should only come from us.

We regularly revisit our policies and make changes when necessary. We will be looking into changing the impact-damage related clause of our replacement policy.

I am reachable at ethan.ee (at) meld3d.com. Please contact me about any concerns you have, any time, and I will respond as fast as I can.

Thank you.
How about a privacy policy? Why are you sharing private correspondence of the original poster with Antonio? How are you handling mailing addresses, email addresses credit cad details?
Who else are you sharing your customers private details with?

Stitchking

by Stitchking

DeeHubbs wrote:
meld wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Thank you.
How about a privacy policy? Why are you sharing private correspondence of the original poster with Antonio? How are you handling mailing addresses, email addresses credit cad details?
Who else are you sharing your customers private details with?
This

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

meld

by meld

Our privacy policy is here: https://www.meld3d.com/privacy

Antonio is not our employee. We do not share correspondence we have with our users with third parties. We passed what we would, and should, have posted on this forum ourselves to Antonio as he wanted to post them himself. From now on we will do that ourselves via this account. We do not give our users' mailing and email addresses to third parties. All orders are placed via Amazon or Paypal portals, credit card information stays with them and we do not have access to them.

In the posts we sent to Antonio for posting, we put real names. Our intention is to have the apology similar to one we see in newspapers, i.e. with real names. Once Antonio realized that is incorrect, he removed/replaced the real names. I apologize for that mistake.

DeeHubbs

by DeeHubbs

You shared a customers correspondence with Antonio who is a 3rd party. Regardless of your intentions of posting that information here, or your hopes on how the 3rd party (Antonio) would handle that customers information does not change the fact that this customers private correspondence with your company was shared without consent.

meld

by meld

Hi DeeHubbs, can you point to the specific part of what Antonio posted which indicates we shared what we discussed with our customer with Antonio? Are you referring to the section "The exchange"? We can then resolve it from there. Thank you.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

It wasn't an apology, it was just the crew of Meld / Meld3d and a weirdly over involved customer adding a smart arse jab and insults to the situation, emails with customers should never be plastered all ove the internet by yourself let alone a 3rd party. Trying to shame a difficult customer into submission on a public forum is piss poor, despite the OP come across an a petulant child giving half the story your approach to the issue is just as childish and inappropriate both before and after the OP made this thread. Add to this arguing with customers in other public mediums about how they in your opinion aren't using their sit bones as a way to avoid the possibility that your product isnt a magic bullet for everyone just adds to the picture of poor after sales support.

Personally any business that acts in such a manner deserve every bit of negative publicity and scepticism they get.

Personally I'd be telling anyone I know to avoid https://www.meld3d.com and use another more reputable product with proper after sales service and test periods with less strings attached.

meld wrote:can you point to the specific part of what Antonio posted which indicates we shared what we discussed with our customer with Antonio? Are you referring to the section "The exchange"?
You sent him the entire exchange to post here, you have specifically named people in other forums and offered to share customer exchanges in the comments sections. Are you really that ignorant to think that this is an appropriate way to deal with these situations.?

Using Tapatalk

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

(deleted)

DeeHubbs

by DeeHubbs

meld wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:05 am
Hi DeeHubbs, can you point to the specific part of what Antonio posted which indicates we shared what we discussed with our customer with Antonio? Are you referring to the section "The exchange"? We can then resolve it from there. Thank you.
antonioiglesius wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:52 am
I was curious about what triggered the autopsy process so I asked about it.

This is the photo Smithjeb sent them, according to him the saddle is still mounted on his bike:

Meld has seen pothole/crash impact damage before, so the abnormalies pointed to by the red arrows look familiar. What isn't familiar is the scuffing pointed to by the green arrow. That triggered the request for the return shipment.
Where did 3rd party Antonio get the above photo? Was it contained in the private correspondence between Mend and Smithjeb?

meld

by meld

Hi Nefarious,

For the case you mentioned, we went back to the user involved after many months and asked how he was doing. We continued troubleshooting, and we found out that he had been sitting on his perineum. This scenario isn't common, but it happens, and we usually have to try and change the user's point of reference.

Yes the exchange was difficult, very difficult, and we tried to figure out how to move things forward. I did start by suggesting that we might reveal, to a reasonable extent, the communication involved. By that I meant I might describe the troubleshooting steps we went through in greater detail. Instead, the user wanted everything to be shared:

which is why we ended up with the suggestion you found: that folks contact us for the emails if they wish to learn about the exchange.

The goal of communicating with our users on forums and other public media isn't to shame or piss on them. At the beginning, there is a lot of skepticsm around what we can do. There is no reason anyone should believe in us. When we suggest changes, some folks think that what we said do not make sense and don't try things out. We hope that we can engage the community to give suggestions, to encourage the user to try certain things. Also, on the forums and public media, we get to hear different points of view, and learn more that way.

For cases similar to that particular user's, our goal is to change his/her point of reference. For folks who have been riding for a while, that can be extremely hard to do. In the first year, we spent a lot of resources working with them: learning about how they feel when they sit at various spots, clarifying the differences between the sitbones, rami, perineum, etc.. At the end of 2017, we decided to reduce the amount of time spent, and issue a refund immediately. There are various reasons why things won't work out, including the bike frame being too big. We learnt that we needed to accept that, sometimes things will not work out.

For the posts we sent to Antonio, we did not include the email correspondence from the customer. Yes there is that one photo taken by the user which is used at the start of the analysis, I'll cover that next in the response to Deehubbs. I hope that this post helps clarify things at least a little.

Ethan

meld

by meld

DeeHubbs wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:27 am
Where did 3rd party Antonio get the above photo? Was it contained in the private correspondence between Mend and Smithjeb?
Yes you are right about this one, I missed it. The intention was to indicate why we asked for the saddle to be returned to us. It is also to show that the problem area already exists beforehand and we did not fabricate it when the saddle is in our hands.

We did afterwards have a followup with the OP, whom I believe the posts are ok as long as any identifier is absent. Hopefully this is still ok, if not I can ask Antonio to remove it.

Ethan

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

All it clarifies is that you have shown pretty dismal conflict resolution skills and cemented the fact many will never touch your product as a result.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie