New Emonda ALR? Discs?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

roadman

by roadman

Any thoughts on geometry? The 52 and 54 are negligible in terms of stack and reach.. Guess slightly more toe overlap with the 52?

Current bikes. Shimano hydraulic shifter has a bit more reach than Ultegra mechanical rim brake:-
Cervelo R3 Disc (Stack 555 Reach 378) - 110mm Stem -6 degree - no spacers
Merckx Blockhaus (Stack 552 Reach 381) - 120mm Stem -20 Degree - no spacers

Emonda ALR
52cm - S 547 - R - 379
54cm S- 555 R- 381

jfranci3

by jfranci3

The 54 has a longer headtube. They’d likely have the same toe overlap likely. One may have a 170 vs 172.5 crank

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

saverin

by saverin

Calling all ALR owners and those who have worked with the frameset!!!

I am considering the Emonda ALR frame to replace my chinese carbon frame and I need your help! I intend to swap my Campy EPS 11s groupset to this frame and I need some questions answered. I have seen a few builds with Di2 already, so I know it's possible, but I need some clarification.

I know i may need to drill out the threded hole for mech cable guide routing pictured below, but i need to know what else will be required:
  • is there a hole connecting chainstay to BB shell? - I have looked at frames in a local shop and I know there is a hole at the back of the chainstay where the RD cable can exit.
  • is there a hole connecting the seat tube to BB shell? (for seat tube battery mount and cable routing)
  • is there a hole connecting down tube to BB shell? (so I don't have to run cables from interface outside frame temporarily)

jfranci3

by jfranci3

IIRC, the chainstay wall is sealed to the BB. The seat tube and down tube may have had a drain hole, but not a large opening.

Edit: I was wrong, you can see the holes in this photo album https://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/art ... alr-52903/